Attn Unaka shooters needing hotel rooms

Dear friends, it has come to my attention that hotel rooms are very hard to come by in Johnson City on the weekend of our shoot. I have investigated the hotel situation in Johnson City and your research is correct. I have checked every hotel in Johnson City and there is not a room to be found. But yet, I bring you good news. I located a hotel in very nearby Elizabethton that is going to take care of our hotel needs. The hotel is not far from the range at all. It is known as "Traveler's Inn". I have reserved 10 rooms (all non-smoking, 5 kings and 5 doubles) under my name (Matthew Keller) since I was unable to locate any other hotel rooms. The rate on the rooms is $49.99+tax. All you need do if you wish to get a room is to call the hotel and inform the front desk attendant that you need to get one of the rooms under Matthew Keller, and you should put the reservation under your name and credit card. This needs to be done before next weekend as I will be cancelling all remaining reservations under my name by next Monday in order to avoid additional charges. The hotel is merely 5 or 6 miles from the range and has a Wal-Mart and eatin' joints within a mile of the hotel. I hope this helps, as I had no idea the magnitude of the events going on in the Tri-Cities that weekend would have. If you have any questions, feel free to call me.

Travelers Inn-Elizabethton
505 W. Elk Ave.
Elizabethton, TN 37643
423-543-3344

Matthew S Keller
423-202-6932

If you know someone who will need a motel room and does not have the internet, please contact them and let them know about the rooms if they so need them. As of this morning, there were still 4 rooms available, and we want those to get sold to our shooters who need them instead of someone else. The date that the remaining rooms will be cancelled is July 13. Hope this helps!!!

Matthew S Keller

BTW: If everything goes according to plan, we should have lunch available on both days, but keyword is always according to plan. We'll keep ya updated for changes!!!!

Well at least all the rooms we had reserved specifically for the shoot are sold out, I think they may have other rooms available but they said they would not sell them at a discounted price. I don't know why they wouldn't, but they won't.

And there was another hotel which will likely have rooms, but this hotel does not allow reservations (it blew my mind too). They would probably have rooms for someone who knew they were showing up on Thursday or Friday, but they don't take reservations so there is no way to guarantee them. (At this hotel anyway). A very annoying circumstance indeed but they're a local hotel so I guess they can play by their own rules instead of the logical ones. :D

Last edited:
Mat-tue (how's that JD), what is going on in the Tri Cities to take up all the rooms? NASCAR at Bristol isn't till August.

A BMW Rally in Gray, FunFest, and I've heard rumors of a Harley show, but the latter I haven't confirmed. The Sleep Inn was sold out for the BMW show well before our first match. When I was lookin' for rooms it seemed like the whole world was comin' to NE Tennessee. It's gonna be fun, but looks we are still gonna have a pretty good turnout as far as shooters go.

Here ya go boys!!!!! I found a hotel WITH A GOLF COURSE with rooms.

Budget Inn Buffalo Mountain
185 Golf Course Rd
Unicoi, TN 37692 Map

(423) 743-9181

The physical address for the range is:

Unaka Rod and Gun Club
90 Furnace Rd.
Johnson City, TN 37601

Also, for those with motorhomes, just remember this, SWING WIDE when coming around the bend and into the range. :D

And it looks like that lunch is a lock for both Saturday and Sunday. It will be provided by the courtesy and generosity of Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply. This should be a goodie!!!!

Some cancellations have occurred

Seems that folks back out of most anything! Had to reserve in Kingsport to get a smoking room (left the door open there) but rooms are available in Johnson City.

http://www.choicehotels.com

or more specifically

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en...dult8=1&nchild8=0&nadult9=1&nchild9=0&x=3&y=4

I'll never forget Brady trying to pull his 5th wheel trailer up and around that first curve with the trailer brakes locked. By golly he did it! Didn't know his brakes were locked until the wheels started smokin'. He thought he needed a bigger truck.....

Last edited:
Back