Anyone out there shooting a 5.6x50R Magnum?

C

caithness77

Looking for some user experiences on the 5.6x50R Magnum, anyone care to share their experiences?

Cheers,
Stuart
Australia

Hello Brian.

year Stuart, I got some brass............;)
Hi Brian,
I have just bought a Martini in this cal with some RWS brass. Since reading more about it I'm very keen to barrel a Ruger #1/#3 in it. Brass is hard to find here and expensive.
What rifle do you have chambered in this?
Care to share your experience with this cal?

Cheers,
Stuart

Stuart, I don't have...........

a rifle YET :D, I hope maybe next year. I had shot the .222 Mag. extensively when I had one, and the .222(Plain ol' original) and the .22-250 stayed home, A LOT, after I got the Mag. I think S&B and/or(maybe) Privi Partizan may load ammo or sell brass for the 5.6X50. But, in the interest of making the brass last longer, if I had factory ammo, I might be inclined to pull the bullets and re-seat them on a load reduced 1-2gr just to keep the primers tight for a shot or two before coming up to the developed load. How did you happen to get the Martini, and how much brass was in the deal?? Maybe you could get one of your countrys' diplomats to pick you up some brass when he goes to Germany :eek::D:D:rolleyes: Like that's going to happen, eh?? The rifle is to be built around a SAKO Vixen single shot action. I kinda like the single-shooters.

Last edited:
I have one in a H&R breakopen, in the improved version. I've gotten it just below 1/2" 5 shot groups with IMR4064. My son has shot it at a few IBS matches. The load needs to be tweeked just a bit more to really shoot. It has a Lilja heavy varmint barrel in 14 twist. I keep it mostly for Coyotes. Brass has been hard to find and expensive.
Kim

Martini?

Hi Brian,
Actually got this Martini as a part trade on another rifle I had. This one has a 27.5" Sportco barrel, rechambered from 222R. Came with 60x new RWS cases, but I'm not that interested in the Martini, plan to build one on the #1 or #3 action. New RWS brass cost around $60 per 20 here! If I buy 100 cases I can screw them down to $53 per 20. How does that compare?

Stu

Hey, Stu, sorry I haven't..............

dropped a line recently. That brass at Graf's that HPC put the link on, is the best I've seen. I spoke to Huntington's because they had it listed at 32.98 U$, but it was sold out, they said if they DID have it, it would be around $34-35, and thats retail. Keep us up to date on your creation, I'd be interested in the development. Oh yeah, if you know anybody going to IWA, they could pick some up for you. Just a thought. :)

Have one I'd like to start shooting

I have a Ferlach Austria made O/U combo that I rescued in pretty sad shape while I was living in Germany. A gunsmith friend of mine tightened the action and then re-stocked it to match the original but in nicer wood. What I am primarily looking for is an accurate reduced load. That 16ga/.22 combo would be a real killer (pun intended) gun for small game hunting here in Michigan. Something along the lines of a .22Mag rimfire would be fun.

Got some 5.6x50R brass

FWIW, I just bought 2 boxes of 20 RWS brass from Huntington for $36.98 ea + shipping.

Still looking for any available reloading data.

Back