Anyone know where I can get one of these, please...

H

Heath Cardwell

I need one of these, I have been told they are made by Whitetail Engineering or something like that but havent been able to find one or any info on the net. Please help. It is used for the Lapua 220 russian case for ppc. Thanks in advance, here's a pic, the second pic is next to a acc handle with a 6mm nylon brush on it for size comparison.

CIMG7596.jpg

CIMG7595.jpg

Russ Haydon sells a special .220 Russian primer pocket cutter. In the past, some lots of brass have had too large of a radius at the bottom corner of the primer pocket, causing difficulty with seating primers. Regular small primer cutters are just a smidge to large in diameter and tend to get wedged in the pockets, having no provision for side cutting.

Give Russ Hayden a call (253) 857-7557 [or FAX him at 253-857-7884] and tell him what you need. My guess is he has it or will have it for you in short order. Great guy to work with ....

I don't know that you CAN get that one any more...... Dick Wright could maybe point you in the right direction but I rarely see him here of late.

al

I made those for years...

and eventually got old and retired.

You should be able to get one from Russ Haydon. Make sure you ask him for the special Lapua model. It cuts .004" deeper (.125" deep total) than the standard small rifle tool.

The particular tool shown is actually a copy of my tools and not a very good one at that.

Dick Wright

Heath: I got mine from Ron Hoehn @ Hoehn Sales (636)745-8144. Both Ron Hoehn and Russ Haydon are good guys :cool: that can take care of 'what ya need. -Al

Whitetail

Heath,
Call Russ Haydon and ask for a "Whitetail" for the Lapua 220 Russian case. I have two them, one for my bench and one to take to shoots. Gene Beggs turned me on to them. Really a neat tool.
Best,
Dan Batko

"Where are we going and why am I in this basket?"

Thanks for all the info guys and believe it or not I found three original whitetail primer pocket tools in there original tubes, they are marked CLR, CSR, CLP. I am not sure if the CSR is the one I need for PPC???

The CSR is...

"Competition Small Rifle". One for Lapua cases would be stamped "CSR Special".

You can try that one on your Lapua cases but it probably won't reach the bottom of the primer pocket.

You're probably going to have to call Russ.

Dick Wright
Whitetail Design & Eng.

Last edited:
Back