Anyone got Info on Oak Ridge Results from 1st Match=

V

voldoc02

Would like to know how the match went..??
Wish I could have been there=:(
too many irons=:eek:
Hope the storms held off till shootin' was done=:)
thanks
Doc Stone

Orsa ibs 600

All went okay, many stumbles as expected for my first as match director.
the rain started at the beginning of the second relay for Heavy gun
in all we had 8 shooters for light gun and 8 for heavy gun.
i want thank everyone for coming out

results will be posted soon here and on the ORSA website.

Michael

You did a great job, Michael! Thanks for grabbing the reins and running with it.

Greg

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Has someone said that before?

As Michael revealed there was some rain, and wind, and thunder.

Sam shot the small group of the day and minutes later backed it up with the largest group of the day. I'll let him explain but think rain, wind and soggy target backers. I won HG for group and finished last for score.

Here are some pictures. Notice the position of Sam's last shot on HG T4 and my group on the same relay.

Enjoy!

Greg

Attachments

• Sam-and-targets.jpg
    Sam-and-targets.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC_0311.jpg
    DSC_0311.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC_0312big--group.jpg
    DSC_0312big--group.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC_0313good-group-bad-scor.jpg
    DSC_0313good-group-bad-scor.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited by a moderator:
All went okay, many stumbles as expected for my first as match director.
the rain started at the beginning of the second relay for Heavy gun
in all we had 8 shooters for light gun and 8 for heavy gun.
i want thank everyone for coming out

results will be posted soon here and on the ORSA website.

Michael
Michael, thanks for everything. I think the shoot went great considering the weather.

Michael,
Thanks for taking over as match director. I believe everyone there had a good time even with the foul weather. That is what is all about! I hope to get back out there again this year.

Greg,
Too bad I could not blame that 8 inch group on my rifle. You can't shoot a 0.921 inch group then turn around and shoot a 8 inch group then say the rifle was out of tune can you. Larry Averitt, new to the sport, shot my rifle and out shot me! That 8 incher was shot because I was lacking between the ears on that group. My target falling in the middle of my string because of a thunderstorm did not help either. Or the fact we had a 180 degree reversal of a strong wind and I forgot which way the wind was blowing originally. And, I forgot how many times I had shot and had to sit and think about it before finishing. Yea, a three minute group (at the least) in the middle of a gusting thunderstorm won't get you a small group. If it were not for my mistakes I guess I would never learn! At least I did not put all 5 of my record shots on the sighter target like I did a couple of years ago-twice in one match!
Samuel Hall

Last edited:
Michael,
Thanks for taking over as match director. I believe everyone there had a good time even with the foul weather. That is what is all about! I hope to get back out there again this year.

My target falling in the middle of my string because of a thunderstorm did not help either. Samuel Hall

Sam, after the first rainstorm and the target panels got wet, I put 12 push-pins in one target and it still fell before I got the frame back in position. Next time we'll all pray that it doesn't come another blowing rain like that again!!!

At least I did not put all 5 of my record shots on the sighter target like I did a couple of years ago-twice in one match!
Samuel Hall

Sam,

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I think it must be a right of passage thing. Very generous of you to lend your record setting HG and ammo to a new to 600 yd shooter. You go guy!

Larry,

Congrats on your very fine performance. I told you we were gentle with our virgins. Get a barrel on that Bat/ST1000 combo you showed me and show us what you've got in May.

Greg

A Big THANKS to Michael, Sam & all the guys

A special thanks to Sam for letting me shoot his HG and for his coaching and more thanks to Michael & all the guys for answering my endless questions.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I'm burning the midnight oil to get my LG finished ASAP.

Larry Averitt
Clarksville, TN

Last edited:
Back