Any new info on the PRX?

Raw Materials for custom tuner ideas

UPS just dropped off some 6061-t6 stock from Aircraft Spruce. I am thinking of an outer body threaded for Gene Beggs tuner rings that I have laying around unused. This outer tube will be quite a bit shorter than the PRX tuner length. The thinwall tubing will slide into the outer tube and make possible easy and cheap tune length changes.

The lower LH tube is 1" OD x .750 ID. The upper tube is .750 OD. All this is from Aircraft Spruce.
Tunertubingall3_zps3c0d06cd.jpg

The .750 OD tube slid into the .750 ID tube
tunertubingslidetogether_zps6f86a1fb.jpg

The .750 OD tube slid into a thickwall .750 ID tube I got from MSC.
tunertubingtunerbodystockslidetogether_zps3e8df596.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All

Do to a medicalproblem I will not be able to participate as much as I would like. I am having difficultiy concentrating and watching the screen is difficult.

As things permit, I will try to watch whats going on.

Tony

Hi All

Do to a medicalproblem I will not be able to participate as much as I would like. I am having difficultiy concentrating and watching the screen is difficult.

Tony
Hopefully it's "only" vertigo - which is bad enough, but will go away (I know)
Take care of yourself and get well. Give me a shout when you get your sea legs back under you.

Hi All

Tony

Good luck.

Sorry to hear that Tony.

Hope you get well soon Tony I hope that it isn't anything to bad but know our hopes and prayers go with you mate.
That tubing looks like the sort of thing that is required all right Ray. Please take some photos and let us know how it all works out.
kind regards Ben

Get to feeling better Tony!!

Hi Tony,
I hate to hear that, you get better for sure!! Be checking on you later!!!
YBRF!! Rambo (Douglas)

I recently purchased a new falcon ,shillen barrelled benchrest rifle in Australia. Which the smith a Australian champion shooter set the tuner on and test fired 5 shot groups of less than 0.3 inches at fifty metres in windy conditions. When I received rifle being a complete newby I photographed the turner setting and set about using Tonys system to test his tuning settings. Since we live in a country that uses millimetres instead of inches. I simply converted the end corrections into metric and removed the Harrel tuner . Took the barrel length to the closed bolt using the ninth Harmonic I calculated the harmonic length. Then subtracted the end correction which was the inside diameter of the tuner . Replaced tuner and wound it to physical length.

Result : Exactly the same setting on the tuner as the setting that my gun smith had set and test fired those great targets. Like exactly the same setting which astounded me.

Tonys system works and works well ,Enough said.

Kind regards Ben
ps however there is still a small issue with factory barrels 20 inches long like the Anshultz 2013 because I can not work out how to get the system to work with that shorter length . We all know that the Anshulz rifle is a fine shooting rifle.

Hi Ben

Please check PM

cheers
mak

Lower Harmonics

Lower harmonics work well, the formula is the same except for the number you divide by and multiply by. For the 7th divide by 6 and multiply by 7, I've even tuned to the 5th harmonic, divide by 4 multiply by 5.
Pressing a tube into a removable weight on a H/H tuner allows you to make adjustments to the length with or without adding weight.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 239
Back