Anschutz Pin stop

cdupuy

I just got an Anschutz Match 54 form the older Brother and need to change the firing pin strike, the question is does the COLLAR for spring retention stop the foreward movement of the Pin?

Clarence

edited to fix the stupid spelling

Thought so, but I also need to see how much I might cut off and what the clearence is needed at the ramp/sear

Clarence

An-54

Clarence,

Just being nosey, but why are you doing this? Do you have the wrong trigger installed?

bjm

Brian:
Need to reshape the Pin nose to a browder print on the case plus add extra protrusion to .013, however one would not want to stop the Pin on the Cam Ramp bottom.

Clarence

54 pin

Clarence,
It may depend on what model.
I think you will find that the inner sleeve part of the bolt nose that fits inside the bolt handle collar acts as a stop for the pin. It appears as though the cam stops the forward motion, but it doesn't.
At least in the older 1400 series the spring retainer collar is simply that, not a pin stop.
This could vary on newer models, but on those newer I checked the pins did not contact the cams.

I don't know the cost of a new pin nowdays, they used to show up on ebay rather reasonable but with their new rules I don't know where you go, but working with a new pin seems easier.

bjm

brian:
I will look at the off side of the pin cam and see if I can find some contact, if so I'll adjust from there, your input is appreciated, as I could not see contact on the sleeve.

Clarence

Back