Al's Perfect LR BR action???

It's not ALL about the action and barrel face compression. There's also the angular compression of the threads, to one another.

Yes. I just did some 5/16-22 tpi (non British) threads for a special bedding project. Subtle changes can make quite a difference.

Good shootin'. - Al

Last edited:
Squeezing out the lube, ironing out rough threads, pitch varying between different machines and there can even be taper in the female threads caused by thread mill deflection.

LOL!!! Butch you are a wonderfully kind and polite man

And rsmithsr, I'm in another place. Having already paid the best gunsmiths on the planet I now do my own work because I can't GET them to do the work I want. If I've given you the impression that my workmanship is inadequate, may I offer my abject apology.

I'll not offer you any of the "advice" you freely dispense :)

Al, Just so you know, the guy is also an expert when it comes to your choice of beer.

Mort

I'm very sorry for your loss. I recently lost my dad too, who was also my best friend. Still working out a mess with the estate and this whole thing has been the hardest time in my life. So I can and I do sympathize with you and I offer you my deepest condolences. Prayers, my friend!

Thank You Mike

Back