A question about bullet trays

Richard

What are you using for trays for the 1.290 6mm jackets? The trays for the .825-.900 do not work very well.
Just looking it seems the funnel in the tray should be over half the diameter of jacket length.

Richard

What are you using for trays for the 1.290 6mm jackets? The trays for the .825-.900 do not work very well.
Just looking it seems the funnel in the tray should be over half the diameter of jacket length.

Richard

Yep, the longer the jacket = more separation required.:eek:RG

Anybody selling these? I can make them if need be but would rather not spend the time.

Not that I am aware of. :( I had an uncle make some for me (he made ten sets to hold 1k each) - every time we talked about rifles, he griped about the "chip" volume until he died. When he finished them, he advised me to never ask him to do more!:p;) The last set I acquired, was from George Ulrich - I use that set for .22 and 20 Cals. - that was probably ten years ago. RG

The only trays I'm familiar with are the ones I made following the Carraway article. I set mine up where I have dowel pins aligning the trays. I could put spacers between the lower base and the middle tray with the funnels to accommodate longer jackets if I needed to. Maybe an idea?

I tried the spacers

The only trays I'm familiar with are the ones I made following the Carraway article. I set mine up where I have dowel pins aligning the trays. I could put spacers between the lower base and the middle tray with the funnels to accommodate longer jackets if I needed to. Maybe an idea?

and that cured the problem of jacket height. The bigger issue is getting the jackets into the trays.
Those 1.290's are like little rolling pins when trying to load into a tray made for short jackets.
It is for sure going to require more hole spacing and a bigger funnel. I really don't see how to get around that.
Thanks for the interest though.

Richard

Try this now

and that cured the problem of jacket height. The bigger issue is getting the jackets into the trays.
Those 1.290's are like little rolling pins when trying to load into a tray made for short jackets.
It is for sure going to require more hole spacing and a bigger funnel. I really don't see how to get around that.

Richard
use thicker plastic with taper drill works like charm make crib throw jackets in swish around i used 1 inch by 12 cut in half drill holes half inch apart can put 1000 in couple minutes i call the shaker bill brawand

use thicker plastic with taper drill works like charm make crib throw jackets in swish around i used 1 inch by 12 cut in half drill holes half inch apart can put 1000 in couple minutes i call the shaker bill brawand
make thiner one on top of slide plexaglass for leads takes 5 min for 1000 leads

follow your carrway pattern will work fine

Richard

Roger that - anything else is a "work around" . . . and time consuming.:p;) RG

Use 1 inch white plastic

roger that - anything else is a "work around" . . . And time consuming.:p;) rg
fojackets work fine in 6 5 6 mm and 30sr long jackets cut as told before 3 4 quaters apart use tapered step drill make crib set around pt\lastic ttray inch plus all these work slick

Walter Carraway

I had a stack of these...pretty good stuff I must say!

Attachments

• walter1.jpg
    walter1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 343
  • walter2.jpg
    walter2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 304

Richard

Did you call George Ulrich?

For long jackets

Use 1 inch white plastic 1thick 12wide cut in half drill holes 3 4 apart long jackets will fall in drill bottom board right size hole for jackets champher each hole lightly put jackets in each coner place step drill board on top make crib 2 inches put around drop jackets and swis around make thin plexaglass with small runners to hold in placemake 3 fourths thick plastic for righ weight leadsuse small step drill for leads to fall into use door edege cover put small piece on one end to pull out ple4xglasshold lead tray in place you can cut all plastic on table saw make sure you champher each hole right i ll help c 1 814 335 0450 bill

use 1 inch white plastic 1thick 12wide cut in half drill holes 3 4 apart long jackets will fall in drill bottom board right size hole for jackets champher each hole lightly put jackets in each coner place step drill board on top make crib 2 inches put around drop jackets and swis around make thin plexaglass with small runners to hold in placemake 3 fourths thick plastic for righ weight leadsuse small step drill for leads to fall into use door edege cover put small piece on one end to pull out ple4xglasshold lead tray in place you can cut all plastic on table saw make sure you champher each hole right i ll help c 1 814 335 0450 bill
ps make sure your holes line up good

Back