A great day at Denton. (Nov 8th)

J

J Conley

We closed out the year with a bang today. Thirty shooters showed up to brave the Texas winds, have some fun and talk about that one bullet. It was a nice day in the mid 70s with winds in the 5 to 10 mph range. 13 shooters stayed clean in the score match with Tom Parks taking the win with 22X and Wes Johnson close behind losing by the creedmoor with his 22X.
Mike Stinnett won the group match with a .1942 and had the small group with a .071. Mike shot his 30PPC in score and group as he has all season.
I’d like to thank everyone for making this a great year and hope to see you all again next year.
7a5796c1673e449693ca1f73384fb987-1.jpg

For pictures and general information about Denton please see link below.. Thanks.. Jon
Denton_Schedule.php

Attachments

• clubmatc11-08-09 Group.pdf
    24.2 KB · Views: 237
  • clubmatc11-08-09 Score.pdf
    23.2 KB · Views: 209
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!

Congrats to Both Mike and Tom..!

I had a last minute family issue come up and couldn't make this shoot, all is well though.

Very nice site there Jon. I'll have to put in an order for some 112's this Winter.

See ya'll next year,
cale

Jerry

That is not, in the strict tense, a 30PPC that Mike shoots. It is actually based on the necked up Grendal case, which makes sort of a 30PPC with the shoulder moved forward and a shorter neck, hence giving it a tad more capacity...........jackie

Good Shooting

Good Shooting to all, especially you Wes. You have come a long ways in a short while. Looks like you have that 30 all together.

Joe Duke

Thanks

Good Shooting to all, especially you Wes. You have come a long ways in a short while. Looks like you have that 30 all together.

Joe Duke

Thanks Joe. If I would not have talked to you back in Feb of this year, I would have never taken that old 308 down there and got my butt kicked, and thus would not have started this oh so additive journey. :D

Thanks for a great match. Congrats to Mike on winning group.You give me even more incentive to to build a 30. Kenny

Thanks to Jon and Mike and Mike

for running the great matches.

Steve

Denton

Thanks to Jon and all the guys willing to answer questions from us newbies. I really enjoy this sport. I will try to get in more practice next year. I got a 249-13X out of my Savage this week. I dropped the first point while fireforming brass in the first round.... or at least I blame it on that :eek:. Maybe I can stay clean on the next match and who knows I might even try some load development. Maybe my schedule will allow a few more weekends for me next year.

When you figure out how the factory class is going to work, post some details. I have a couple of guys that would be interested in shooting that.

Tim (tiny)

Back