A Bag Gun with barrel clamp

Chism G

A local craftsman,with lots of spare time,allowed me to photograph his latest creation.

“The never ending search for extreme accuracy”

mmsB5N5.jpg

H4hWVvD.jpg

yrQIo8E.jpg

Glenn

Last edited:
Looks legit, has the front and rear bags, has the drop between the barrel center line and rear of stock and more. I see no issue.

The builder is a reputable Gunsmith. He is also a BR shooter. The barrel clamp allows the barreled action to be moved back and forth,when fine tuning. I looked at the targets. This thing shoots like a laser. Just another example of the imagination of an
enthusiast.

Glenn

Last edited:
Stock is kinda like the cps Alum. skeleton stocks made in the mid 80's by Walt Perierra and Lee Paulson, they came in either l.v. or h.v. and wings and weight could be added for unl.....

Stock is kinda like the cps Alum. skeleton stocks made in the mid 80's by Walt Perierra and Lee Paulson, they came in either l.v. or h.v. and wings and weight could be added for unl.....

I believe he said it weighed about 18lbs. Light heavy?

Glenn

Sleds have been being used for cast bullet breech seating competitive benchrest shooting for years. The first one I made was a block of brass 1.1/2 thick X 3 wide X 3 1/2 in length. I used that one to win a CBA National Plain Base Bullet Class Championship with back in 2006 and below is one of the last ones I made on a rifle that I had built for myself.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep, I still have a CPS Aluminum stock which may get resurrected some day . . . ;) on mine, I simply used a bedding block (riser) to accommodate recoil lug(s) . . . and added a little wood here & there. RG

Back