7mm build idea

M

moeleo

So I have an idea for a build for my 7mm Rem Mag. I'd like to do as much of it myself as possible. Before I go through with it since it will be my first build I want to talk to you guys about it first for your thoughts. I have a Model 700 7mm SPS to start with. So what I was thing was take the gun down to just the action. Send the action to get cerakoted. I would also like to install a proof research carbon barrel on this build, and I would like to go with a Bell and Carlson Alaskan 2 stock. Like I said, I've never done this before, so I'm open to ideas or tips. In the end what I'm going for is a lighter weight hunting rifle that I can take out west into the backcountry, and it can handle two weeks in the elements. But I also want to take it out and enjoy shooting it on Sunday afternoons along with my other guns. I have other guns I want to build, but I want this to be my first. Can it be done? I don't mind buying specialty tools, especially since I don't want to stop with just one. 6.5 Creedmoor will be next. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your current equipment list? Do you have a suitable lathe to do the work or you will have the barrel chambered by someone else?

GST

Back