6ppc & H322

Link

Hi

I know most use N133 in 6ppc however for some reason it's not avalible in my area of N. N.Y. state.

I have H322. How about some loads using L.B'S 68gr - OO's Boat tail's AND SOME 66 GR Flat bottoms. In a Hart 1-14 tube.

thanks

H322...

H-322 "Extreme" is my favorite powder... If I don't have any 8208 laying around. I love Vit powders. But N-133 is very hard to keep in tune for me. I'm sure some of the others on here can explain it better than I can.

Start in the general ballpark of 52 1/2 clicks on a Harrell's or Culver powder measure.

Good luck. I hope this helps.

Victor

Victor are you making bullets again or will be soon? Sorry to hijack the thread, been trying to get a responce from Johson Bullets without any luck.

Dan Honert

Victor,
I have a culver and neil Jones measure. about 2/10 difference
shooting 322 extreme today at 49 clicks. thats 28 grs with
Lesters oo 68's in a Hart BBL shot well. But I must say
that 52 1/2 is near 30 grains. In my thoughts, not a starting place
by a long shot.

52 1/2 clicks way to high to start with extreme powder. Start at 48 clicks and work up. Should work in the 27.7-28.3 grain area.

Velocities?

What velocities are you guys getting in the 27.0-28.5 grain range? The reason I ask is that I get the best accuracy, most consistent velocity, and (what I consider a) not TOO hot load at 30.6 grains--3340 fps.

All of this is with Bart's 68 gr headhunters, 6ppc, krieger .237 groove, 1-14 twist, Nesika action, 21.5" barrel.

I have tried to use the 28 grain range, but could never get velocity up where I thought it should be, nor the consistency.

I don't get any tell-tale pressure signs at 30.6 grains, and the brass lasts as long as it was when I was shooting 29.6 grains of VV133, just a more predictable tune.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa, the loads mentioned are a good place to start and velocity varies from different bullet to barrel combination. Let the bullet barrel combination tell you what velocity they like as you work your way up carefully with the powder. Some combinations like the 3100-3120 fps area and some like the 3250 fps area and like yours some like the 3350 area if the combo will let you go that high.

My '07 barrel (Krieger) loved H322 (aussie stuff) and I ran about 28.5 grains just before it died. I started out with about 27.5 grains. Velocity was 3300 fps with 28.5 from the 23" barrel.

You guys speak of the extreme and aussie stuff. That doesn't help me much being all I have is H322?

I tried 27 gr of the H322 and it seemed to work well. I guess I will work up from there. Maybe just jump to 28?

thanks

Back