6ppc borden chamber?

I have some of Jim's reamers on the shelf. The last reamer Jim and Doc worked on Doc called the BPC . This is my Biggest seller to date with Jims 6mm Borden coming in second. Let me know what you need and we can get it out for you . Thanks Dave Kiff PTG Custom Shop

I have some of Jim's reamers on the shelf. The last reamer Jim and Doc worked on Doc called the BPC . This is my Biggest seller to date with Jims 6mm Borden coming in second. Let me know what you need and we can get it out for you . Thanks Dave Kiff PTG Custom Shop
Strange notion, since according to Jim, that reamer was designed to work with the Sako PPC-USA case. Most every one is now using the Lapua .220 Russian case, which measures differen...

Charles you are correct , we do not sell but maybe 6 of the Borden Sako's per year to shooters over the pond but we sure sell the hell out of the 6mm Borden PPC and the BPC . Jim and I talked about it this morning We could not believe the amount that we sell . You see the 6MM Borden reamer we stock is about .0018 larger at the base than 6mm Pure Magic . Boy does it work great with the Redding, Hornady and other across the counter dies . It never gives that click. If any one would like a print I will send one . Jim said no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember correctly the Borden 6mm PPC reamer specs were published in Precision shooting years ago, along with the reason Jim dimensioned it the way he did........funny how someone's post can trigger the memory sometimes...........Ian

Back in the Great Case Drought, I shot some of those Sako USA cases. Aside from everything else, they didn't work in my die very well -- an older Hammonds die. Toward the end of the drought, the Harrell Vari-Base die came along, & I got one. And that's why I have a .440 bushing.

Fine to get a "Borden" reamer. Just remember that (at least some) were designed for a particular situation, it's not like they were Jim's final answer to the PPC chambering -- because there is no final answer.

And IIRC, the "Boyer #3" reamer became quite popular after Mr. Boyer stopped using it. Nothing wrong with that reamer & the chambers it cuts, the "wrong" is buying something only because of assumptions about what the name attached to it means.

Last edited:
Back in the Great Case Drought, I shot some of those Sako USA cases. Aside from everything else, they didn't work in my die very well -- an older Hammonds die. Toward the end of the drought, the Harrell Vari-Base die came along, & I got one. And that's why I have a .440 bushing.

Fine to get a "Borden" reamer. Just remember that (at least some) were designed for a particular situation, it's not like they were Jim's final answer to the PPC chambering -- because there is no final answer.

And IIRC, the "Boyer #3" reamer became quite popular after Mr. Boyer stopped using it. Nothing wrong with that reamer & the chambers it cuts, the "wrong" is buying something only because of assumptions about what the name attached to it means.
Charles

As always-your common sense approach to threads is truly appreciated! I have had many ask about the Boyer Reamer or the Borden reamer or the Robinett reamer and they wanted to make sure I used the best one for their barrel so they could win. It is sometimes hard to explain to some that the condition of the barrel, the alignment of the barrel and the quality of the setup and reaming is far more important than the reamer dimensions. Then one has to actually watch the conditions between teh muzzle and the target to bring success. :)
Jim

Back