6 Dasher

G

Greg Fowl

Anyone willing to share a Dasher load using 105 Bergers.

6 Dasher loa

Greg a good load to start with would be 33.0 grains of Varget seated into the lands about 10/1000s. Depending on your chamber you will probably want to work up to this load. it's not a hot load so you should be OK but again it depends on how tight your chamber is and how strong your action is. I have used this load with 105 Hybrid Berger's and 103 Vapor Trails. I've shot several 600 yard 10 shot groups in the 2" range with this load with Berger 105 Hybrids & 103 grain Vapor Trails. Ive had better luck with the Vapor Trails though. Good luck and let me know how it shoots for you.

Dan

Last edited:
reamer

I am thinking of ordering a 6mm Dasher reamer. What neck and free bore is most popular with the above mentioned bullets?
Thanks.
Brush

You do need to decide which brass your going to use so you get the right neck length. The most popular freebore figures are somewhere between .135 and .150". In one of my rifles I use a .136" and the other I use a .104". They both shoot 1/4" groups at 200 yards with the Vapor Trail 103 grain bullets. You also need to decide if you want to turn necks. Go onto 6 BR.com and accurate shooter.com and read up on all the options. Everything you need to know and much more has already been discussed at length.
You are going to love this cartridge. It's a natural born shooter.

If you are going with the Norma brass, you had better get a reamer for it. If you plan on Lapua brass you have to fire form and to do it right is a PITA. but if you don't abuse it,it will last a bunch of barrels. ..... jim

There is a source for hydro formed Lapua brass that comes out one firing away from being perfect. Lapua is the brass that I use but the Norma Brass is also very uniform.Both work well. It' s a personal choice thing.

There is a source for hydro formed Lapua brass that comes out one firing away from being perfect. Lapua is the brass that I use but the Norma Brass is also very uniform.Both work well. It' s a personal choice thing.

They will be short...... before i would go that route, go for the Norma brass i see where they will have a normal thickness rim in the next lot due in 3 months. no fire forming and a longer neck and get a reamer. You can use a little shorter free bore and make sure it is .4708 max. on the .200 line

I am thinking of ordering a 6mm Dasher reamer. What neck and free bore is most popular with the above mentioned bullets?
Thanks.
Brush

Bob,
I find that a .130 freebore and .269 works well fo me. I shoot 105 berger hybrids, vlds as well as Bart's 105s work well with that freebore.
Ed

Back