6.5X47L neck diameter

alinwa

oft dis'd member
Can someone please post the neck diameter and clearance of a no-turn 6.5X47L?

Or the neck diameter of a loaded round? An un-turned round pls?

If you ask Kiff for a no turn reamer you'll get a 0.295" neck, but I've got loaded rounds here with 130 Bergers and they measure 0.290" plus or minus 0.0005".
Hope that helps.
Matt P

I have a 6.5x47L Chambered with a PTD Kiff Reamer. No Turn Neck and it is .294. At least that is what the chamber reamer print says.

Bob

I have built a lot of these with a .293nk, unturned Lapua brass once loaded comes in at .290 +/- half a thou.

Thinking about building one to shoot the 147ELD, was going to order zero throat and a separate throating reamer but rather not. I wonder what the oal would look like with that bullet and .060 fb. I don't have any in hand yet.

Thinking about building one to shoot the 147ELD, was going to order zero throat and a separate throating reamer but rather not. I wonder what the oal would look like with that bullet and .060 fb. I don't have any in hand yet.

I do exactly that with all my 6mm, 30 and 50cal setups.....order them at zero and throat to fit, but in the case of the 6.5 I intend to only shoot long bullets and went with .060 on Dave Kiff's recommendation.

Back