540xr bench rest adapter

Hello all,
I need a little help. I have purchased a Remington 540xr in pretty good shape with original sights front and back. It was $550 at local gun shop. First off did I do OK with price? Secondly, I'd like to shoot it off a 3" front rest. Does anyone know for sure which adapter I can get that will slide into the bottom rail to ride the bags? I know Sinclair and champion sell them but they say Anchutz or winchester. Any help would be great.
Thank you,
Richard

540 stock

I have a 540XR TARGET, I shot at a range that had a weight limit on the sporter class
( 8.5#) I put a Stith 2.5 with stock on it. Works good for me.

Do you have the rail?

I was hoping not to replace the stock. Just want a plate to attach to the rail unless I can get a stock cheap

I made one years ago. I just cut a piece of 1/4 Plexiglas 3" wide and 4" long, drilled and countersunk holes in it and screwed it to the rail. I still use it today on one of my Air Rifles.

Pete

Hello all,
I need a little help. I have purchased a Remington 540xr in pretty good shape with original sights front and back. It was $550 at local gun shop. First off did I do OK with price? Secondly, I'd like to shoot it off a 3" front rest. Does anyone know for sure which adapter I can get that will slide into the bottom rail to ride the bags? I know Sinclair and champion sell them but they say Anchutz or winchester. Any help would be great.
Thank you,
Richard

Sinclair has whwt you or looking for, item# 749-004-954ST It says wiil converts most any stock. Gerald

Sinclair has whwt you or looking for, item# 749-004-954ST It says wiil converts most any stock. Gerald

Not that part number!!!! That's for a Sporter width stock, which as I remember is not as wide as the 540XR's. Plus, doesn't the 540 have an accessory rail? I could be wrong here, but if it were me I'd order item #749-011-468WS.

Call Sinclair and I'm sure there is someone who can help.

Dave

Back