50 yd BR targets

boltman13

My Club hosts non sanctioned 50 yard rim fire bench rest matches and we used the NBRSA target with the 50 small bullseye and sighting targets at the top. We purchased them from Creedmoor Sports but they no longer list them on their web site. I have been unable to locate a source for these targets. Does anyone know of one. Could you reply to this thread if you do. I guess if they are no longer available we could switch to the IBS green ones, as there is a source for them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are several good 50yd targets that are available. IR50 has a good target that is easy enough to score, it uses best edge. 25 bulls and multiple sighters. Available from Wayne Wills at IR5050.com

ABRA also offer a good target with 20 bulls, again best edge scoring. Not so many sighters though.

Attachments

• 11QUivo.jpg
    11QUivo.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 486
  • 0IW9hXM.jpg
    0IW9hXM.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 358
I took this....

ara_target-2010-1.jpg

...to Office Depor and had them print me a bunch.

Garandman,
Did you notice the copyright mark behind the title on the ARA target you copied?
I’m surprised that any printer would copy it for you.
Why don’t you just buy official ARA targets from Killough Shooting Sports. The are probably less,expensive than your copies. They would be printed on real target paper. And you wouldn’t be violating any copyrights.
JMHO
Hawkeye Wizard

There are several good 50yd targets that are available. IR50 has a good target that is easy enough to score, it uses best edge. 25 bulls and multiple sighters. Available from Wayne Wills at IR5050.com

ABRA also offer a good target with 20 bulls, again best edge scoring. Not so many sighters though.

ABRA has a new target, it is still the same format, but a few more sighter targets on the right side of the target..

Attachments

• 20180227_073418[1].jpg
    20180227_073418[1].jpg
    420 KB · Views: 354
Garandman,
Did you notice the copyright mark behind the title on the ARA target you copied?
I’m surprised that any printer would copy it for you.
Why don’t you just buy official ARA targets from Killough Shooting Sports. The are probably less,expensive than your copies. They would be printed on real target paper. And you wouldn’t be violating any copyrights.
JMHO
Hawkeye Wizard

I just double checked. I didn't use that actual pic. The one I used had no copyright at the top or advert at the bottom. I just grabbed this pic first as its the first one I saw, for illsutrative purposes. Far as I can possibly know, the one I used is public domain. I'll post a cell phone pic if anyone wants verification.... :)

And I used an excellent heavy weight paper. And I have corproate printint rates with OD. :)

Last edited:
I just double checked. I didn't use that actual pic. The one I used had no copyright at the top or advert at the bottom. I just grabbed this pic first as its the first one I saw, for illsutrative purposes. Far as I can possibly know, the one I used is public domain. I'll post a cell phone pic if anyone wants verification.... :)

And I used an excellent heavy weight paper. And I have corproate printint rates with OD. :)

Regardless of how you did it and what you thought, it is copyrighted. Why not design your own if you just want to have them copied? Seems in a small world of rimfire we would have more respect for other people's intellectual property.

I designed targets for the international crowd that will print on A3 & 11x17 paper.
It is a 25 bull target based on IR50/50 size. If interested I can email you a PDF file that a printer can use to print it.

Regardless of how you did it and what you thought, it is copyrighted. Why not design your own if you just want to have them copied? Seems in a small world of rimfire we would have more respect for other people's intellectual property.

I found it on the Internet as public domain. I've never competed rim fire bench rest before ... sorry that I not as knowledgeable as you are with your godlike wisdom and knowledge.

But please by all means… keep acting superior and pissy.

You will make a wonderful ambassador for the sport and for firearms in general.

If you're attitude is typical of what I meet at rim fire matches, then I'll never compete because I don't need your attitude and condescension.

Last edited:
I found it on the Internet as public domain. I've never competed rim fire bench rest before ... sorry that I not as knowledgeable as you are with your godlike wisdom and knowledge.

But please by all means… keep acting superior and pissy.

You will make a wonderful ambassador for the sport and for firearms in general.

If you're attitude is typical of what I meet at rim fire matches, then I'll never compete because I don't need your attitude and condescension.

You have obviously never competed at a match or met me. Some of the finest people in the sport are rimfire competitors. I am pretty confident anyone who has met me would tell you I am a good ambassador for the sport, but it doesn’t matter, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. My comments had nothing to do with feeling superior either. They are a statement of fact. I am not sure why anyone would use the argument that I found it on the internet so that makes it ok to do what I want with it. It doesn’t.

You have obviously never competed at a match or met me. Some of the finest people in the sport are rimfire competitors. I am pretty confident anyone who has met me would tell you I am a good ambassador for the sport, but it doesn’t matter, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. My comments had nothing to do with feeling superior either. They are a statement of fact. I am not sure why anyone would use the argument that I found it on the internet so that makes it ok to do what I want with it. It doesn’t.

Well I guess then like millions of other people the anonymity of the Internet fills you with piss n vinegar to become a completely different person.

And yes I've made probably a dozen different targets of my own.

I found this on the Internet with no Web link with no copyright information with no way to track its source. So I printed up a bunch a bout a year ago.

Such things are known as public domain in it's completely legal… so far as I had any information at that point..

You have made your point. Just let it go.

Last edited:
Garand

Hozzie is a pretty decent bloke, I would vouch for him as nothing but nice.
Seems, its not hard to sometimes take stuff badly on written media such as forums
I know I have done it myself but in fact he has only stating that it was Dan Killoughs copyright target
Understandably you didn't know, that how could you
Dan is a good bloke as well and owns and manages ARA and PSL ( ARA was the target you copied)
Everybody looks out for each other in the bench rest game and if you get a chance please Garand try it by all means you will be welcomed.
If you ever come to Australia I will shoot with you.
kind regards Ben

Hozzie is a pretty decent bloke, I would vouch for him.

If you ever come to Australia I will shoot with you.
kind regards Ben

We hear a lot of stuff… I would be curious to actually know from a gun owner in Australia what the laws are actually like.

IM if you care to Respond so I don't derail this thread. Please. TY.

And will you let it go?
You've been jousting with just about everyone.

????

I was conversing with Hozzie only.... defending myself from an accusation of copyright infringement. Well...until you jumped in.:) And someone else piled on with a "ditto." :)

As an author myself I take such accusations seriously.

I don't believe defending myself in such a situation in showing where the accusations are false Makes me the bad guy

Last edited:
Your problem is you posted a pic of what you did and when called out on it changed your story to saying that isn't exactly what you copied without even posting what you did copy so your story rings a bit hollow. Then you tried to defend yourself when others pointed it out to you in a pretty fair way. If you printed out a different target then why do you have the copyrighted one you're showing?

I too have printed out targets that accurately reflect the proper bullseye dimensions that were obviously for practice. When I wanted to shoot the proper targets I simply order them from whatever the source is selling them properly. They don't cost that much so you're pissing in the wind with saving money. If you can afford a BR gun, ammo and rests then you can surely afford to buy the targets.

You should have just said you didn't know it and kept quiet (but now you claim to be an author so you should be more sensitive than the normal person here). Instead you got all defensive and started calling out some others with totally unjustifiable comments.

I think you just made a mistake. You're probably a pretty decent guy so just please settle down and move on. The world is not going to end.......yet.

Your problem is you posted a pic of what you did and when called out on it changed your story to saying that isn't exactly what you copied without even posting what you did copy so your story rings a bit hollow. Then you tried to defend yourself when others pointed it out to you in a pretty fair way. If you printed out a different target then why do you have the copyrighted one .

I alredy explained that and offered an actual photograph of the one that I actually copied for anyone who wants it.

If you're going to call me a liar come on out and just say it.

Back