$50 Borescope

Is it this one?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TTQF24F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A little over power. Compared to a Hawkeye(20X to 10X)....The mirror is adjustable(22 to 6mm to .30) The LED light is really bright. But, adjustable.
And from what I have read a little fragile. Half the cable is fiber optic.
And Win 10 has the camera program.......
To check the crown. Run camera all the way in. Better view.
Can't beat the price for the amount of info you can get.....:cool:

We will see!

Ordered one this afternoon. Looks like their customer service is pretty fair too by the ratings and comments. Neat toy and a big help for inquiring minds.

There has been plenty of discussion of the Teslong on this and other forums.

I don't see it scaring any rifle or barrel makers one bit. If you make a good product, you're not afraid of scrutiny, and barrels in general are greatly improved from 20 years ago.

For me, there are two main advantages over my Hawkeye - 1) I can see the leade, chamber and the breech end of the barrel on lever actions, pumps and autos and 2) I don't have to bend over and tire my back, I can sit on a stool and view the results on my laptop.

However, I'll still use my Hawkeye mostly on the bolt actions.

I’ve had one for 4 months. No tiring of backs here. Hook it to my big computer and sit the rifle on a chair next to me. Slowly run down the bore while sipping coffee :) Amazing for the money.

What does the Hawkeye do that the teslong can’t?

IMO the barrel makers and the gunmakers will ALWAYS have to deal with the stupid people..... the guys who send stuff back because "it doesn't shoot" or "the headspace is screwed up because Federal cases are too tight" or "I borescoped the barrel and there's a black spot in there" or I saw tooling marks in there, looked like chatter to me!!!" or somesuch..

My hope and my belief is that this will be offset by the increased sales generated by "I looked in there and that barrel is GONE!!! Firecracking all over the throat, end of the neck all eroded off round....it looked like a volcano went off in there!!"

"So I ordered another barrel" (generally another brand because "that one wore out too quick".... but ohh well, "Spread The Love")

Borescopes

I would guess that everybody who does barrel chamber work,Gunsmiths/Hobbyists, owns and knows how to use a borescope. the skilled craftsman knows what he’s looking at and ,if necessary, how to correct a mistake made in the machining process.

I am not a machinist or hobbyist. Don’t own a lathe. Never will.

I do own a borescope, that I primarily use to verify the effectiveness of bore cleaning solvents. The borescope has assisted me in adopting a good bore cleaning regimen, that I'm happy with.

I have owned barrels(Brand new) that just would not shoot from the start. Looking down the bore of that new barrel ,with a bore scope ,showed nothing, that I could recognize as a reason why it wouldn’t shoot.

Maybe I just didn’t know what to look for.

I’ve had good barrels that kept shooting, when the borescope showed(According to examples) that they should have been relegated to the tomato patch.

I seldom use my borescope anymore. I use the target. When accuracy starts diminishing, I order a new barrel. and hope I get lucky.

I forgot,I did use my borescope several weeks ago to locate a water pipe ,on a DIY repair project.:D

Glenn

The $50 Teslong 3rd world borescope is better than a flashlight & assumptions.

The flexible or rigid unit will NOT focus to allow one to see the bore looking into gas port holes like a Gradient Lens will.

it can find and look at the internal end of the gas port and everything around it though. unless of course it happens to be a smaller cal. than .22 rf . I have one after the initial reviews- can't be beat for the buck as of right now. running on Win 7 should be able to use xp with also for those who have some older boxes. Just need to down load the application off the net. Beats the Lyman hands down. by the way when using mirror it does have some focus ability.

arrived today

I satisfied with the Teslong borescope. Its definitely worth the money. Easy to hook up with Windows 10 on a laptop. I checked out a lot of stuff and was surprised buy what it revealed.

Wally

I have had one since around Christmas. I got the $79 +/- model. It work. Mine also hooks up to my phone.

You can see all you want/need to see with it.

Now, a few questions-

1. Do you know what you need to do cleaning wise or when tossing away the barrel is the best option.

2. Which part of cleaning carbon/copper/whatever is really adversely affecting your shooting.

I am going to really clean like heck everything in my old Savage prefit barrel and remount it. It started to spread out groups 3-4 times what they were. I will shoot it and see if any improvement.

Attachments

• WIN_20191127_14_53_07_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20191127_14_53_07_Pro.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 253
It's 20X vise the 10X on Hawkeye. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TTQF24F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

there is a newer version. It's wi-fi....to your phone......http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2020/01/new-wifi-and-rigid-teslong-borescopes-reviewed/

Screw the mirror in or out to focus.....
It's up to you on how clean you like your barrels.
I have a barrel with +5800 rnds. Krieger 1-14 6PPC.
After 10-15 shots it's easier to get the bulls. Is it me or the barrel? VFS.
The bullet is. Oh, it's jumping way out there on the lands....

Back