338 and 35 cal bullets

C

cbrock

Is there anyone out there making .338 or .35 cal jacketed bullets in 120gr to 160 gr. or has anyone done this in the past? Thanks much, Charles

Just checking Hornady, 0.357 pistol bullets are available as light as 110 gr. You planning a killer Varmint for Score cartridge?

Cheers,
Keith

Cbrock -

Howdy !

One off-the-wall .35 calibre bullet out there, is a lead, polymer-tipped boat tail available as a saboted load in .45 cal.

Its marketed as " Dead Center " , and is available in 12 bullet packs.
In .357" cal, they come in either 175gr boat tail, or 195gr boat tail weights.

Vaious reloading supply houses listed .35 cal bullets ( typically lead ) that are often sold in units of 100 or more.

Jacketed " custom" .35 cal bullets are limited in number, rather apparently.

Australian brand " Woodleigh " supplies high-end .35 cal hunting bullets.

The best grouping .35 cal bullet I HAVE FOUND, suprisingly is..... .35 cal Remington 150gr PSPs !!!

I have shot these in a .357mag Marlin 1894SC, H & R SB2 Ultra in .357 Maximum; a custom 22" stainless bolt rifle in .357Auto Mag; and in a Marlin
336XLR .35 Rem. The Auto Mag rifle could put these into one ragged hole @ 100yd, and 3 shots consistently into 5/8" @ 300yd.

It might be due to the fact that the 150PSPs are "plated" , and not jacketed ?

I lucked out and $$$ a bulk bag of the 150s PSPs from one of the reloading houses a few years ago.
I DK whether anybody still has these for sale ? If they do, I recommend you snap some up without fail.

Don't know what your interest or project might be in .35 cal, but will offer this....

I have my .357Auto Mag barrel, brass and dies for sale. I shot it in score matches as my ONLY bolt gun, but really needed to have a good varmint/target calibre on-hand. So, back off came the excellent shooting .35cal barrel, and on went a wildcat .224" cal chambered barrel.

The barrel is a stainless 22" .358" cal made by Red Scherer. Red made it to my specs back in 1977, and then it sat idle for 20yr before I finally had it chambered.
J.D. Jones chambered it for me using his .357Auto Mag reamer, re-piloted for my .358" cal application.

The barrel has 450rnds through it, and was broke in using a modified Sinclair method. Given the velocities , pressures, abd powders/bullet weights this barrel shoots, it will last for a long time of shooting fun ! Its just sitting around here, right now; and has been for 12yr.

The barrel is threaded to fit a Wichita action, which has same threads as a Win 70, and some Sako's. If a scant .002" was taken off top of the threads, the barrel would easily fit a Ruger M77. The Wichita utillizes a flat bolt face, flat breech-end of barrel.

Please feel free to talk about .35 cal some more.

Regards,
357Mag

Back