30br

Has anyone ever tried the 30BR in a railgun setup and what did you find? Thanks!

Yes, I did a few years ago. It shot quite well, but the recoil was pretty severe. I shot it by catching the top with my left thumb before it slammed against the stop.

I shot it at Seymour, I think I agged about .260 for five 10 shot groups at 100, about .300 at 200. I gave the barrel to Geramo.

I have a brand new 1-18 Krieger 1.450 Unlimited Blank. I can’t use it now because my Diamond Back drop port has a PPC only bolt face.

I had a 30BR barrel on my rail...probably the first ever 30BR to be fired competitively in the NBRSA group scene. Like Jackie wrote - the recoil was completely unsuitable for the rail gun.

I had a 30BR barrel on my rail...probably the first ever 30BR to be fired competitively in the NBRSA group scene. Like Jackie wrote - the recoil was completely unsuitable for the rail gun.

But if I remember correctly, you shot well with it, Wilbur.

Yes, I did a few years ago. It shot quite well, but the recoil was pretty severe. I shot it by catching the top with my left thumb before it slammed against the stop.

I shot it at Seymour, I think I agged about .260 for five 10 shot groups at 100, about .300 at 200. I gave the barrel to Geramo.

I have a brand new 1-18 Krieger 1.450 Unlimited Blank. I can’t use it now because my Diamond Back drop port has a PPC only bolt face.

You can always rebate the rim on the brass as long as your drop port is big enough for a BR case to drop through.

Yes, it shot pretty good but the recoil made it difficult. The 30BR is more suitable for a bag gun - five shots rather than ten.

Sounds like a 30 Major (Grendel) would work!

30Br

Just for the sake of experimenting and love of the 30 cal. There is nothing in the rule book that says you can’t design a Rail Gun that’s heavy enough to negate the effects of the larger caliber recoil.

The problem is ,figuring out a way to get it on and off the bench.

Glenn

Back