30br vs 6ppc

Co'm on Al, just say it "Caliber Neutral is LIBERAL."

BTW, Ronald Regan was a liberal, too.

What a wonderful weapon. Just attach "liberal" to anything and it becomes bad. I gotta remember this one. All the rules aside from weight restrictions in benchrest are LIBERAL!

All the shooters but me are LIBERAL!

hehhehheh

I think you will like your 6mmBR I started with that in score shooting, just so simple to reload and just a good round, you sound like your just wanting to have some fun as I did, one of the clubs I shoot at is very small rural area with 17 shooters most of the time the rules are no where near actual benchrest rules, do to most cannot afford the real deal, McMillin stocks, Bat actions etc, but have alot of factory guns that you are allowed to put a bettrer barrel on, but you cannot shoot a real benchrest flat bottom stock again income level, now if this sounds familiar in your area your good to go, one of the other clubs I belong to is 30 plus shooters and they got bucks and go by the official rules, 95 percent BAT actions and a variety of top name barrels and smiths, and all 30BR, and for group all 6ppc, so it depends who you are shooting against and what the club rules are, my 6mmBR Shilen barrel almost shoots as well as my 30BR Krieger at 200 yards, .181 on my 30 and .198 MOA 5 shot groups, my 30 is brand new only 60 rounds so I am still working with bullets and loads so far the BIB bullet has preformed best, I think my 30 will do even better then .181 at 200 not sure yet, I did not go with a BAT action I am on a fixed income and retired I got the Savage Target action and blue printed it I know I can compete with those that I will be shooting against that all have Bat actions, the shooter is a bigger part of the game. Good Luck and have a ball

Frank, This rural club that can't afford the real thing, per you, just might be trying to get more shooters interested in matches. Maybe that's why they don't allow BR rifles. They are more interested in bringing in new shooters then proving to you that they can afford a "real" benchrest gun. When you win a match at this small rural low income club with your savage let us know. Oh, and just so you know, I shot at that other club for about 4 years with a "real" benchrest rifle and I still have one, just haven't shot there since I had cancer. And I am not the only one shooting that has "real" BR rifles.
Jerry

Co'm on Al, just say it "Caliber Neutral is LIBERAL."

BTW, Ronald Regan was a liberal, too.

What a wonderful weapon. Just attach "liberal" to anything and it becomes bad. I gotta remember this one. All the rules aside from weight restrictions in benchrest are LIBERAL!

All the shooters but me are LIBERAL!

hehhehheh

Evidently you haven't got family enrolled in public schools :) or you would know about leveling the playing field by dumbing down the sports.

My best advice to me tonight is to shut up, some know my thoughts on this new game in town, most don't. Very unusual behavior for me considering my heritage.

Dan Honert

besides, "caliber neutral" takes away an integral element of the game. The way it is it's real racing, finding the balance between power and traction, weight and handling, size and recoil.

Advocating "caliber neutral" racing is kinda; like communism, or "fairness doctrine."

opinionby

al
Yup, everyone in a marathon should wear the same size shoes. Progresive liberalism at its best

while everyone ias busy being PC, has anyone actually stood up for the fact that Score shooting is SUDDEN DEATH ? No. Instead of the lame attempts at humor, how about we get real and discuss the fact that score shooting is not a discipline that one can lay back and shoot "defensively" in. You either do it all out or you get beat, plain and simple. And that does not mean you are out of the game on the first miss. It just means you give it your all, EVERY TIME. Score shooting is a purely offensive game. There is NO defense

Back