22ppc short powder ? Norma

A friend had Ron Hoehn build him a .070 short .22PPC. He was struggling untill I loaned him some 130. It was winter, and he couldn't seem to get enough of the lot of 133 that he has into the case to make it work.

Kirk,

Just last week I got one of my .22's shooting in really humid weather with Scot 322. First time ever. I had bought a Beggs Tuner from Gene at the Super Shoot. I put it on the Scott/Scoville Hall, Glorya's gun.

I took it out on my range to tune it before our score match last Saturday. I diddled the tuner for a while and suddenly it shot great with a load that was giving me vertical previously. It continued to shoot thru the match on Saturday with no further action with the tuner. The humidity was quite high for both practice and the match.

This week I am going to do a lot of work with my Kelbly .22. I have a lot of Isreali 2015 which I have found great on any short .22. We have a group match at the club this Saturday. To me it's the best powder ever for a .22 BR Short (-.200") and I want to see if it's as good for the .22 PPC Short. You'll see how it worked when Big Al posts the results after Saturday.

Incidentally, there's a post here with some Isreali 2015 for sale. To me it would be a good investment for anyone shooting any .22 Short.

Dick

Last edited:
H4895

I know this may seem like a Larry Bagget thing, but today I shot a club match in Lubbock, TX. I decided to bring the 22BRT (short 22 PPC capacity)and shoot it in it's first match ever. After playing with 133 and benchmark testing any tuning for several hours on Friday, I got to the range early to try some new stuff. The gun was shooting well already, but I just wanted to play a little more. I put 26.0gr. H4895 behind a 52gr. It chronograped around 3550 fps. I fired a fouler, then a three shot group of about .050". I then loaded three more and they went through the same hole without even changing it in any noticeable way. I decided to use this load even though I have only fired a fouler and then 6 shots. The gun shot very well all day, winning 100 yds, and hanging in there well enough at 200 yds to win the grand.

Michael

Congratulations Michael! The 22 BRT sounded like a winner from the first description.

Tony Carpenter

:)

Last edited:
i am shooting 220/beggs and having the same trouble I think its in the brass and not having good dies makes it impossible (using wish dies) thats when you wish you had dies (still waiting on hornady)

Hornady F/L bushing type dies, custom carbide neck bushings and Wilson seaters are available for both the 220 and 6mm Beggs cartridges.

genebeggs@cableone.net

Back