.22 LR custom barrel

Liseo

I currently own one CZ 452 rifle. The best who I can do is 1 inches at 50 m , no wind.:mad:
I tested Elley, Lapua Midas, etc.. Will a premium barrel as Krieger, Benchmark, Lilja, etc, improve the perfomance or is a waste of time and money? I have a weaver T 36 on it.
Any help is welcome.

Liseo

A custom barrel, installed, will cost you more than you paid for the rifle. I have four 452's and they would all do better than that right out of the box. Suggest you go over to the site, Rimfire Central and ask the same question , you would probable get more help there than on this site. This site is more friendly if you shoot high dollar guns.

Last edited:
Did you try the standard fixes? Check bedding, possible recrown muzzle, etc. Rest and bag setup? Maybe let another shooter try, triggers on CZ not that great. Check scope, mounts, and try different pressure on action screws? Should get to about 1/2 at 50 if everything right.

The cheapest way to go in this case is to sell the CZ and buy another that shoots better. As stated, a premium barrel will cost much, much more than any reasonable loss incurred by selling and re-buying. You could, hypothetically, cut your groups in half for...say...$25.

The cheapest way to go in this case is to sell the CZ and buy another that shoots better. As stated, a premium barrel will cost much, much more than any reasonable loss incurred by selling and re-buying. You could, hypothetically, cut your groups in half for...say...$25.

Wilbur who would you sell it to -maybe an enviromentlist who wants to miss rabbitls, lol.. hey just kiddin! Jack C

Check to make sure your barrel is free floated and the barrel channel is open, that and a good bedding seems tto help the CZ

Hi guys, thanks

The barrel is free floated, action bedded, crow redone, the trigger reworked. I an not all that a good shooter, but with my BAT 6 PPC i can achieve .2 to .3 groups at 100 meters. Maybe I will do what Jack suggested and buy a better rifle...

Liseo,
I have one question, you say no wind, are you using flags?
Normally that`s the first question asked in this situation.
Pete

Liseo,
I have one question, you say no wind, are you using flags?
Normally that`s the first question asked in this situation.
Pete

Pete

Yes, i am using wind flags. At first, i could not believe what a small breeze could do, a learn the hard way...:D

Hi guys, thanks

The barrel is free floated, action bedded, crow redone, the trigger reworked. I an not all that a good shooter, but with my BAT 6 PPC i can achieve .2 to .3 groups at 100 meters. Maybe I will do what Jack suggested and buy a better rifle...
If you want to sell the rifle let me know. What model CZ is it,Varmint,American, Lux ?

liseo
you don't have to go anywhere for advice, and we are friendly..no matter
what yer dang gun cost !!!!!
:D

The folks that think we are unfriendly are the ones that don't like the honest advice they get when they ask. This is usually reinforced when that unheaded advice comes home to rooste when they do what they wanted to do anyway.

blvedere
I believe that if i send the rifle to you, the freight costs wil be more than one BR rig from Calfee. But if you are willing hard this rifle, i can sell to you...:D:D:D

Just kidding, my rifle is 7K miles away from USA.

Thanks guys

Liseo, have you had the barrel borescoped. Several RimfireCentral folks have found chambering problems with some CZ's made in 2007 or 2008. If you have access to a borescope, that would be my next move.

blvedere
I believe that if i send the rifle to you, the freight costs wil be more than one BR rig from Calfee. But if you are willing hard this rifle, i can sell to you...:D:D:D

Just kidding, my rifle is 7K miles away from USA.

Thanks guys
Liseo, my bad, didn't notice your address. On the USBR website there seems to be increasing interest in rimfire benchrest in the Rio D area. Do you shoot in these matches ? I heard somewhere that you must shoot ammo made in Brasil is there any truih in that ? Hope you get your CZ to shoot for you. Take Care and have a good day. Bob

Liseo, have you had the barrel borescoped. Several RimfireCentral folks have found chambering problems with some CZ's made in 2007 or 2008. If you have access to a borescope, that would be my next move.

Joe
My CZ was made in 1993. Unfortunatelly, I dont have access to a borescope. When the founds allow, I will assemble one rifle using the Stiller RF action, but for now, I need save money for my 6 BR that Stiller´s staff are doing to me;)

Another thing you might try is a good thorough cleaning of the throat & chamber with JB, IOSSO, or another abrasive bore cleaner using a 6mm nylon brush. Again on Rimfire Central there was an extensive thread on the CZ forum titled "1st shot fliers" that discussed various CZ ownwers' experiences. You might check that out.

Liseo, my bad, didn't notice your address. On the USBR website there seems to be increasing interest in rimfire benchrest in the Rio D area. Do you shoot in these matches ? I heard somewhere that you must shoot ammo made in Brasil is there any truih in that ? Hope you get your CZ to shoot for you. Take Care and hav e a good day. Bob

blvedere
It really seems that interest in shooting sport(F-class and RF BR) is growing in Brasil, despite every effort of our government to prevent free access to guns by law-abiding citizen. I don´t compete in these matchs, because i live 2.000 km away from Rio de Janeiro. I dont know if it is mandatory to use ammunition produced in Brasil by the CBC (Magtech), but I believe that they use imported ammunition as Eley, Lapua,Federal, ...

Here in Brasil,due to the quality problems, the CBC is know as "Crap Bullet Company":D

Back