2015 East West Show Me Shoot Out Results!!!

jfesi

Congratulations to Bart Sauter for winning the 2-Gun aggregate of the 2015 East West match at BRRC. I would like to thank all of the competitors that braved the rain and storms to come and shoot this match. I know that a lot of you drive and awful long way to participate in these shoot (ecspecially some crazy Canadians that will be driving for the next two days to make it back home) and we really appreciate it!
I have attached the scores, and will post a full match report shortly.
Thanks,
Joe Fesi

Attachments

• 2015 East West 2 Gun.pdf
    19.4 KB · Views: 815
  • 2015 East West LV Grand Agg.pdf
    18.9 KB · Views: 545
  • 2015 East West HV Grand Agg.pdf
    19.1 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:
Great shooting Bart congrats. Dusty good shooting to you and to everyone else. Thanks for the results Joe

Last edited:
Great shooting Dusty!! It was a pleasure meeting you. I wish I could have stayed for the second day. Great shooting in such a tough field of shooters!!! Lee

yes look at dusty's shooting...
in heavy..talk about consistency !
2314/2320....
very nice.

Congratulations Bart and all the other winners. Looks like you really had a consistent command of things.
Bob Scarborough, you did great again. You are definitely knocking on the door HARD. I suspect the next time it's going to open up wide.
Larry

Congrats to the winners. It was tuff but i had a great time as always. Love seeing the guys again and meeting new friends like lee.

Congratulations, Bart
Looks like you had things well in hand all weekend. Great job
.17 aggs at 200 for LV and HV awesome work

Last edited:
Great job Bart

Congrats little buddy... GREAT JOB!!
I know you good enough to say ' You don't always start the day with the load right. You sometimes have to scratch, craw and stick a few fingers in their eyes but always seem to get it figured out by the end of the day. This is just what happens when a great and talented shooter and bullet maker starts the morning out with the load dead on and GOD in his corner'. Congrats again Bart.
Congrats to all the winners and also those who just had FUN...

Grimmey

Last edited:
Bart, your 200 yard results were simply amazing. Congratulations, and keep up the good work. Bob S. you are shooting extremely well and your day is coming. Good shooting.....James Mock

Congratulations to Dean Ekstrom and Dave Dowd for their wins! Great shooting!

A big congrats to Bob Scarbrough my stock maker who shot lights out at the Super Shoot and at the East West Show me shoot! Bob is a super tough competitor no matter where he is at. Dusty Stevens also shot great! If not for a couple of stray shots he would have tore it up!

Congratulations to Matt Owens for his amazing 200 yard .099 group.

I want to thank Joe Fesi and crew for running a flawless match!

I've also got to say thanks to Billy Stevens who built my winning rifle. I pressed him pretty hard to build that rifle after my Super Shoot fiasco!

Jim Chaney aka Monkey also shot very well coming in 10th overall and winning $5.00 from his arch shooting rival Ron Hoehn! That's not bad for only going to one shot a year!

I'm going to say it because it doesn't come around often! But all yardages were won with my 68 Bt! That's something I'm proud of! And Matts .099!

See you guys at the Nationals!

Bart

Quite the weather too

The additions they are doing at the St Louis range are quite nice. The loading building is now extended and insulated. Even though we shot in the remnants of tropical storm Bill, the overhang which covers the benches ensured the match kept right on running. Amazing. Unfortunately, this meant the target crew was out in the worse rain I have ever seen at a match. Mega-kudos to Scott Pieper and the entire crew for keeping this thing on track. In between target swaps, Scott was seen putting decking on his ark and rolling kegs of beer up the gang plank for later use. He said even the animals have to drink, but I think he had an ulterior motive. After this weekend, who could blame him?

Bart, congratulations! Joe, thanks for working out the logistics and I enjoyed shooting next to you as well.

-- Scott

That's some pretty good shootin' there Bart - both grands in that crowd.

What happened to Billy that caused him to shoot a .4XXX?

Last edited:
That's some pretty good shootin' there Bart - both grands in that crowd.

What happened to Billy that caused him to shoot a .4XXX?

Thanks Wilbur! I appreciate it!

"What happened to Billy?" His gun just laid down on him. Kind of like mine did at the Super Shoot. Give him a day or two and he'll have it straightened out! I know for sure he left his absolute killer gun at the house. I don't think he will even get it out for the Nationals. I think he's saving it for the World Championships. But his Eagle Gun is scary!

Bart

Thanks Wilbur! I appreciate it!

"What happened to Billy?" His gun just laid down on him. Kind of like mine did at the Super Shoot. Give him a day or two and he'll have it straightened out! I know for sure he left his absolute killer gun at the house. I don't think he will even get it out for the Nationals. I think he's saving it for the World Championships. But his Eagle Gun is scary!

Bart

Tell Billy that he needs to shoot a couple of shots through that killer rifle now and then or it's prone to die in the case. Not many shots, but just enough to get a running start in case it's crashed. Y'all have got "reserves" that I never had but you know what I'm sayin'. It's a real bummer thinking you'll win for sure and then have your rifle give it up first two shots.

I've also got to say thanks to Billy Stevens who built my winning rifle. I pressed him pretty hard to build that rifle after my Super Shoot fiasco!

"What happened to Billy?" His gun just laid down on him. Kind of like mine did at the Super Shoot.

Bart, are you saying your (and Billy's) gun laid down -- or that the barrel did? If the former, what does that really mean? If the latter, why did you need another rifle built after the SS?

Bart, are you saying your (and Billy's) gun laid down -- or that the barrel did? If the former, what does that really mean? If the latter, why did you need another rifle built after the SS?

Hunter,

When a gun quits shooting in the middle of a match you just don't know what it is. It could be lots of things; trigger, scope, barrel, bags or something that just came loose. By the time you figure out what it is you're normally so snake bit its hard to shoot and get back into the game. You can be sure Billy will check out everything and see what the problem was and fix it. As an Example. Dusty Stevens was shooting lights out and his trigger got something in it causing him to shoot a couple of bad groups that dearly cost him in the match. Billy and Dusty Got the trigger out flushed it and Dusty was back to dragging cash option money.

"Why Did I need another gun?" I needed another gun like I need another hole in my head. I wanted to build a 2 Lug action instead of a three lug. I shot one of my old 2 Lug bats and the bolt works like butter. You have to wrestle the 3 lugs a bit more.

Bart

Back