1st ABRA Tournament

hi2utoo

Les Williams
Want to give a big congratulations to all the winners, Jack, Dustin, Joe and Connor at the first ABRA Tournament, which was held at Boerne Shooting Club, Boerne, TX. Joe, Lisa and Luke did a fantastic job putting this on and I for one had a enjoyable time. Had multiply shooters come in from all over Texas to get in on the fun and they, along with the rest of us, will be able to say I attended the 1st ABRA Tournament held. With all the talk in the last couple of years of equipment cost, chasing ammo etc.... associated with the Heavy Guns, what Joe calls it, competition, ARA, IR 50/50, this makes a opportunity to bring out those little auto 22's and have some fun. Don't get me wrong here for there's a few of us who do shoot ARA and not going to hang up our big guns doing so, but definitely something different, not to mention the Junior Shooters that participate with these little 10/22's. I believe this could be the ticket that may help bring new blood into our Heavy Gun game. Think Nationwide and Cup, you get the idea.

I want to give a big thumbs up to Jack Harper for his Unlimited Class win, and speaking of such, yes this is the same Jack Harper who's shot 6 - ARA 2500 Record Targets. All 4 of his ABRA targets were in the 190's and that is getting it done. Looks like it hasn't taken Jack long to put his ARA experience to use in this game. Plus Jack and Joe have a friendly little competition going and I can assure you there's been some jawing back and forth. At this time Jack's wearing the cool shades and is King of the Hill:cool:

It was fun and I'm looking forward to the next get together, plus the first State Tournament later in the year. There's a lot of these 10/22's out there and punching paper is just as fun as it is with the Heavy Guns. Get your buddies together, and the kids, and give it a try.

Les

We have been using that ABRA target at a few of our local matches, using bolt actions, its not an easy target. Shooting in the 190s is tough, but Xs are really hard to come by. Congratulations to Jack for putting on a show. That requires lots of skill to do that with a semi auto.

George

I agree that this can make a great entry for shooters to get the "bug" we all love. One thing I notice is that Xs are not scored nor use to break ties? Am I correct?

I agree that this can make a great entry for shooters to get the "bug" we all love. One thing I notice is that Xs are not scored nor use to break ties? Am I correct?

That is correct. Reading the scoring rules on tied targets you start at the first bull and highest score for the bull wins and of course if tied go to the next until you have a winner for the target.

It's fun and something different without breaking the bank.

Les

Back