1.062" X 18 Tap

Joe

Does anyone have a tap this size?
I have a threaded insert from Kelblys' that is used in their Panda actions.
It seems like I have picked up some metal in one of the threads and I need to run a tap through it.

I would like to either borrow a tap or send my insert to someone to have a tap run through it to clean the threads out.
Thanks!
Joe Cowan

Yeah I saw that, MSC was the first place I checked. They are a "C" note and I can buy a new insert for $30.

You lucked out by getting metal in your insert instead of your action. If you want to salvage the insert, grind the metal out but dont use a tap. I have a 1 1/16 18 unef 3b thread gage that has a pressure depth of 1.0264 and a tap is way bigger than that. Jerrel

Jerrell,
I think that he needs to get a new insert. I deleted my other post as I thought the insert was in an action, but I don't think that now.
Yes Joe, the taps are $63.and change.
Butch

A $63.00 tap will still destroy a $30.00 insert if you are useing it as a thread gage to thread a barrel to a Panda or Viper. Jerrel

Tap

I guess you use this insert as a gage for your barrel threading.

Keep in mind, the tap will cut metal. They always do. While it might not be much, your insert will not be exactly to the standard that Kelbly machines their inserts.

I would just get another insert.........jackie

Back