WWCCA results 100/200 Score Match. Dec 7, 2013.

zippy06

Tim B.
Yep. It was another beautiful day in Plymouth, MI. A little cloudy at first light. But, a Sunny day had dawned.
Oh, yea. It was really cold also. I think, I can feel my toes now. WOW.
19 at the start. 20 on the way home.
6 brave souls and an Ohioan ventured out to shoot some VFS. Yea our part time yupper even showed up. That's Dana Raven.
Did I say it was cold? The wind was the usual tricky/switchy Western Wayne stuff and a cold wind it was. It started to show up a little before lunch.
100y.
Joe Krupa 250-15X.
Tim B. 250-14X.
Lee Hachigan 250-14X.
The Dominator 250-14X.
Dana Raven 250-12X.
Rich Quigley 249-17X.
Pat Kennedy 249-13X.

200y.
Lee Hachigan 248-6X
Tim B. 247-6X
Joe Krupa 247-4X
The Dominator 243-6X
Dana Raven 240-2X
Pat Kennedy 237-2X
Rich Quigley 237-1X

Grand AGG
Lee Hachigan 498-20X.
Tim B. 497-20X
Joe Krupa 497-19X
The Dominator 493-20X
Dana Raven 490-14X
Rich Quigley 486-18X
Pat Kennedy 486-15X

Last edited:
showed up? Patrick, you did well.

David

I screwed up at the last round. On the 5th target at 200 , My first shot for some reason went wildly astray, and completely left the slighter target all together and was in the corner of the target to the left, I thought that was it, and shot the rest of my target. (I still don't know what happened, and have never seen anything like it.) I did not know that I could have called this out, and save grace. If it wasn't for that I would have finished much better. Anyhow, no need to make excuses, I did as I did, There is a bunch of tough shooters, and the range it is tricky to read. But the main thing was I had a great time, and was warmly received like family up there. GREAT bunch of guys to shoot with, will be back next year for sure. This is one great match to come to. Dave you need to come.

Last edited:
Great job running the match Tim! We all had a good time.

I was the only one who didn't pre-load, ...not too smart when it's 19 degrees and 15 mph winds. Outside of the frost bite fingers, it did allow me to tune on the go. I shot my old Panda (when I say old, it has the "first" left-hand stock Bob Scoville made), and a old Krieger barrel. By the end of the day I was loading V-133 one grain at a time to get as much in as I could (my load was the only thing HOT this day), to get the Bart's 65 Boattails to stabilize. It was fun... in a strange way. :cool: I guess you had to be there.

Lee

Lee. Thanks. I think, it took about 2 hrs for your face to warm up. Wow. It was Bright red.

Pat thanks. Great having you join us. Remember you are family now. Next match is a Sunday 1-19-14 10 am sharp. Hope you can make it.

David. Like I typed before 7 brave souls.......

Chuck we missed ya. As usual it came down to the last target.....

This was a really fun match. No one was in a hurry. Lotta fun.
We even got a history of WWCCA Benchrest. Pete the former "Chairmen of Precision Shooting" had some time. While we enjoyed the fireplace in the club house. Very interesting......

Pat thanks. Great having you join us. Remember you are family now. Next match is a Sunday 1-19-14 10 am sharp. Hope you can make it.

Thank you again Tim, You guys did an awesome job of putting things on, and I feel welcomed into the family. I hope to make the next match, will have to see how work, and weather goes. I am looking forward to it. Thank you again.

Lee are you the same guy who once said...

I can't shoot score I am a group shooter? Congratulations hope to see you next month if your trigger finger thaws out, Kurt.

Back