Wind flags!

tonykharper

Summer is nearly here, and the outdoor season is starting soon so it is wind flag time.

I have a very old set of Wicks flags and they need replacing. I've left them outside too long and they are not looking as bright.

I know Wicks has quit making his flags and gave permission to Ray Hill to make what Ray has called "Wicks style flags".

Rays flags are I think are an exact copy of the original Wicks flag.

I noticed an ad on another channel that shows a picture of a flag that looks very much like a Wicks flag. It is called a dual vane flag.

I know nothing about these flags.

My question is are they also an exact copy of the Wick flag?

If anyone out there has used these flags, please let us know if they are as well made as the Wick/Hill flag?

The dual vane flag is from www.stlflagco.com

Here is a pic.

https://www.stlflagco.com/product/dual-vane-flag-red-white/3

TKH (4628)

Last edited:
Tony, exact…no. The propellor options are different using GWS electric RC props instead of the small daisy wheels.
Mounting points/pivots are different as well.
Mine are holding up but if needed I will reach out to Ray since he took time to get approval rather than just rip off the basic design and has always been a pleasure to deal with.
Truth be told his are probably better than OEM Wicks.

Ray's dual vane "Wicks" style flags

Tony, I have a friend who purchased a set of Ray's flags last year, and they work very well. The only downside is if it rains, the water can get into the "veins" of the flag and start to slow down the response. There a few simple things that can be done to alleviate that. Other than that, Ray's flags are great. I have seen many an ARA shooter that is using his flags. No complaints from anyone.

FYI,

Larry

Ray Hill Wicks style Windflags

I spoke to Ray yesterday and he told me he is looking forward to making his flags for the upcoming season.

If you need some well-made flags you can reach Ray here: Ray Hill (blackjackrh163@gmail.com)

TKH (4628)

Back