Wichita Action Question

RCE1

I have an interesting old benchrest rifle I inherited. It's in a canary yellow Lee Six stock and I believe the action is glued in. It's a Wichita with 3 lug bolt and left port but there seem to be no markings on it at all. I was hoping to find the serial number but didn't see it. I had a friend identify the make for me. He said it was the original 3 lug action. It's in nice shape although the barrel is marked "fire form 6PPC only", which I believe is so the previous owner wouldn't use up his competition barrel in fireforming brass, so he set back and rechambered an old and shot-out 6mm Coyote barrel into 6PPC.

Any suggestions about where the serial number might be hidden? I've seen pictures of some other Wichita actions and they have a logo engraved on them, but it seems mine does not.

As Wayne said look on tang if not there its on bottom, which would mean ungluing. It will be a early one I would guess 500 or under due to no logo,,,,

He made a 1375 action, I believe, and he also made a action where you pull the bolt out every time you went to reload, every shot. It sounds like you have one of the 1375 actions.

Back