Which stock has the longest forend?

Kelbly Klub is pretty long as well as most of the Scoville stocks.

Mike Swartz

Thanks Guys

The Klub was my #1 pick, but i was wondering if any other short range BR stocks out there had longer forends.

The reason I ask is that I am wanting to use a Lilja NBRSA HV Taper contoured barrel finished at 28" for a 600yd rifle. I really like the feel of this type of stock better.

Kelby has said they will weight the stock to balance it up with the long barrel. Now I am just worried about the flex in the forend with this barrel.

Action, BAT 3 lug is looking good... caliber 6mmDasher so recoil is low.

Any other info on the short range BR stocks would be great!

Cheers
AI

Kelbly's stocks...including the club are very stiff. They are a completely molded shell. I highly recommend them. The scovilles are a little longer but the weight and time are a consideration. Also, most of the custom laminate stock makers (IE: lenorad, tucker, larson, etc) will make the foreends whatever length you want.

Hovis

I have a Lee Six Thumbhole form Bill Shehane. I have a Savage Precision Target Action with a 28" McGowen Bull barrell. The Shehane stock has a long wide forearm. It's pictured on his site (scopeusout dot com). I'm happy so far.

CW

Tom Meredith's stock has a very long fore end. And its a very nice design, in my opinion.

Thanks Guys...

The Kelby Klub does look good and it is looking to be my favourite.

The Tom Meredith TMBR on the Kelby site does look good also. It appears to be a larger stock than the Klub? Can someone give me the dimensions from the middle of the tang screw to the end of the forend on one of these? I can then compare it to others.

The butt appears to be a little larger also? What was this stock designed for? Short range BR?

CHeers
AI

AI;
Tom did design the stock for short range BR but the design lends itself to many other uses. It is seen in ARA rimfire quite a lot and I don't see any reason it could not be used in 600-1K. The stock is taper legal for NBRSA/IBS but in 600-!K that may not be an issue. The weight seems to run towards the low-side. If you are going to use a Panda action PM me. I have a new one for sale.

Mike Swartz

Tom Meredith BR stock

The TMBR is very slender around the action and back through the grip and butt, if that's what you're asking.

the new canadian SRBR stock

was modeled to be the longest by 1/2 of an inch, have not measured mine but that is what we were aiming for in the design.
robertson composites

tracks like a dream

jefferson

Mate

One of my current rifles wears a tracker stock, but for the new project I am chasing a SR BR stock.

It is looking like the Klub has it.... unless someone can change my mind!

Cheers
AI

AI,

I measured my Klub from the rear trigger guard screw and it measured 510mm....mine are glued without screws but that should be very close...do yourself a favor and buy a Krieger barrel you wont be disappointed.

Steve

Last edited:
Stocks

AI,

Give Jim Borden (Borden Rifles) a call. Here is his webisite:
http://www.bordenrifles.com/
You can read about the stocks as well as see a few examples right there. I have a number of these and I really like them.
(570) 965-2505
info@bordenrifles.com

Adrian

If you want a Klub, I have a used one I'll sell you...

Hi

I'm backing Fergus in this case, my BRX is also tracking very good.
The Robertsson BRX is well prepared and is easy to bed and glue.
Be careful when bedding and you want have any problems.

Regards /Ulrik

Terry Leonard stock is long

I measured 2 of mine, from rear guard screw, & came out to almost 20.5 inches, if my ciphering is correct, thats around 807mm?

Kirk

Back