Which Savage 6BR rifle to get?

Steelringer

Hey Shooters,
I am looking for some recommendations and guidance to the following matter. I am considering a Savage 6BR in either the LRPV or the F CLass Target. I like the laminated stock with wide flat forend of the F CLass, but also like the LP RB of the LRPV. Both can be acquired in 1/8 twist which is what I prefer. Now the LRPV only has a 26" bbl Vs the 30" of the F CLass. Any concerns here with velocity loss or other matters? Appreciate your suggestions and help.

S.

Steel ringer,

It's very awkward to try to load with one hand and run the bolt with the other and hold your torso up off the mat with your elbows at the same time. LPRB actions are designed to allow greater shooting speed off a bench. You can't shoot F-Class faster than your target service so reloading speed is moot. And the longer barrel and flat forend help also. Get the F-Class model if that's what you intend to shoot.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
As Greg stated, the end use should determine which rifle to get. There are reasons competition stocks are built the way they are, they are easier to shoot accurately with the right features.

You want a field rifle, get the LRPV. You want to get started in F class, get the F.

Don't forget about the benchrest. it has a stock similiar to the f class but with a different butt angle. it also has a 29 inch barrel.

6br?

I guess that is what I am thinking...LRPV for Varmint/Field for 300-600. And F Class for 600 + Gee, maybe I should get two, ;)

Appreciate the comments.

S.

F-Class

Get the F-Class as the stock is MUCH better for shooting off the bags. You will love it!

I have three 6mmBR's (one is a Savage LRPV) and this is a GREAT cartridge.

:D
George

Steelringer,
You can order from Savage an F-class gun in the RBLP configuration if you would want to, at a small additional cost.

I shoot a 22-250 & a 6br LRPV's..these are 13 lb with out scope & rings..not a walking around ' field rifle "..unless your young & strong..the 26" LRPV is very barrel heavy..the 30" has to be that much more so... once i found the load they both shoot better than any factory rifle i've ever had..I shoot in a monthly " varmint gun shoot"..a lot of them anything but stock factory rifles. had the 1st Savage LRPV.. now there are 4 & 1 new Savage benchrest ..all a testomony to how mine shot

Back