what to do when your scope has no really zero stop

rsmithsr

gentlemen,, i have a valdada /IOR 10-60x-56 scope with a 40mm tube. these is a $4000 scope. it is VERY NICE AT 600 AND 1000 Yards. it has two draw backs.
one is a very coarse focus...they provide a 4" addon focus wheel to add some"fine" focus.
two is it has no physical/hard zero stop. IMHO this is a major draw back for people shooting both 600 and 1000 yd. not a big deal for short range going from 100-200...yes this scope is used in short range br inspite of its 3 pounds!,
back to lr, i actually took it off one of my lr rifles because it was so frustrating to switch back and forth between 600 and 1k. thinking( not easy) i looked at the scope and pondered. one scope maker used shims in the elevation turret to set a bottom zero...hummmm. look at this pic. just under the elevation marked ring you will see a silver ring...actually an aluminum "shim" to prevent the elev being turned below zero, i measured the gap at 100 yd zero , machined a "shim", and installed it under the marked ring.....BINGO ZERO STOP

Attachments

• P1010138.JPG
    P1010138.JPG
    501.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Great idea for those with a machine shop. What I do is make a mark with a silver Sharpie once my 100 it zero is established where you have your machined ring. Works fine, been doing it for years even before mechanical zero stops. Mark easily wipes off with alcohol.

got to explain where that silver is...cause there are marks but no actual stop..i fixed the design error..i have a no eyes on mechanical zero stop

Back