What do you think?

G

gt40

I am thinking of buying a Savage target action ($450 + shipping), a Savage F class stock ($250 ?) + A Krieger palma 30" barrel ($500+or-) and put it together myself. It would total about $1200 + or -.

This seems reasonable and start out with a better barrel.

Since the action comes drilled & tapped for scope mounts would a 20 degree rail line up with the same holes?

Any comments and advice would be appreciated.

"Aim small miss small", :D

gt40

in a word, YES. i belive warne makes a 20 degree mount that fits the savage target action which is a short action

Savage build up............

I purchased a Savage F-class stock. $416.00 delivered. I should have bought the action and built a rifle---would have saved approx $500.00. I thought that the factory barrel would be better than it is. Now I'm looking at having to replace the barrel to get satisfactory performance.

I'd use the New PALMA Stock, it has an adjustable cheek and is the same price as the F-Class stock.

My 2 cents....

Better Idea, buy the action and send it to me,

I will single point true action face, lug abutments, and bolt face, lap lugs, regrind lug flat to .0002", $85

Instal a Brux barrel without the nut, chamber, fitting, crown.$445

Epoxy bed into an unfinished SSS stock which comes with pillars installed
$315+ $85

Total with action $1380 + shipping I'll even throw in a can of gun stock finish so you can rub her baby smooth.

The finished product will look much better without the nut and the action trueing needs to be done if you want her square.

Jim See
www.centershotrifles.com
EGW makes a rail in 20 moa for the target action, have them in stock too

Back