Want to find

G

garrisone

A scope that is at least 36 power and is very clear to see through and that will not cost me a fortune. I want to use it on a benchrest rifle. What can you suggest? garrisone.

I speak from personal experience, and can reccommend without reservation, a Sightron 36.
(for about $400) Bright, clear, repeatable, AO. No problems in five years. Bruno carries them.

Either the Sightron or the Weaver. I have both and like them. A used Leupold 36 will run about 55o.oo. Bruno shooters supply usually has them. Ron Hoehn (I Think) carries Sightron for a good price. At least he used to.
Steve

weaver t36 is a great scope for $389 at bruno's. i got one and gene davis's optical booster. they work great togeher and i have a scope equal to a loopy 45x scope for just under $500.

Best price is Killough Sports.

Like Fred J said ..... Killough Sports ...... Dan Killough 325-212-0807 .... Weaver T-36 Silver or Black $380.00 Shipping Included. :cool:

Fred Nickel

I would suggest a Leupold. Buy it from the classifieds here or off Ebay. The cost will be around $500. Decide you want to sell it later, the selling price will be about equal to the buying price plus inflation. Nothing lost.

BSA 90$
I have 3 Weavers and a Sightron.
Bought the BSA just to test ammo in field guns.
I am really surprised with it.
No it's not as good but good enough for everything
I needed - Clear and it works.
If your going to shoot sanctioned though I'd go with
one of the others;)

Hard to beat a Weaver T36. Super bright and crystal clear all the way to the edge of the glass.

If you hurry

If you hurry up there is a Weaver T-36 just posted in the classifieds for $275.00

It may not be quite as good of glass but look for a used "JAPAN" made Tasco 36x. They can be bought $125-$175.00 on ebay or used in the classifieds. They are not bad, you will still see some on the firing line from time to time.

Charlie

Sightron

I've got two Sightron 36X scopes right now that I would be willing to part with. One has never been mounted, one was mounted on a RF BR gun for about 6 months, no marks. I would sell for $340 shipped. I just went to Leupold LCS scopes.

Kirk J Larson

Back