Wallack & Holmes, Inc.

Harold M

Back in the day, there were two stockmakers named Holmes - John E., and Morgan. Does anyone know which was the partner of Mr. Wallack of Broadalbin, NY? A local shooter tells me it was John E., but I've read a posting by someone who states it was the other one.

Harold

Back in the day, there were two stockmakers named Holmes - John E., and Morgan. Does anyone know which was the partner of Mr. Wallack of Broadalbin, NY? A local shooter tells me it was John E., but I've read a posting by someone who states it was the other one.

Harold

I believe the local shooter was correct. I was never aware of a connection between Wallack and Morgan Holmes.

I believe the local shooter was correct. I was never aware of a connection between Wallack and Morgan Holmes.

Thanks for the confirmation.

There are two rifles pictured in the 1954 "The Ultimate in Rifle Precision" that are attributed to Wallack & Holmes. The first one is an early, early benchrest rifle similar to a John E Holmes rifle that I purchased from the estate of and old friend. A barrel that came with the rifle is marked John E Holmes. I also got from the estate, a black and white photo of yet another rifle with Holmes' name written on the back. I haven't found anything written about this stockmaker.

Harold

Back