Voter help the last time-Josh was picked as one of the 3 best kickers in the USA

Butch Lambert

If you could support Josh one last time this year. He was notified that he was a finalist for the best kicker in the nation. He was notified a couple hours ago and will be in Florida for the announcement of the winner.
http://www.lougrozaaward.com/14finalists
If you would, go to the website and vote for him. You can vote one time per computer that you have available.
You know that I love tha young man even if he wasn't a good football player. He is my hunting, shooting, and fishing buddy.

Voted and stuck the thread just in case...

Y'all go there and vote for Josh! Doesn't matter if you're that other guy's mother or brother....vote for Josh.

Do it right now before you forget...please. I say that because I almost forgot.....actually did but saw this thread again.

I voted to help as well, I'm not a collage football fan of anyone and I live in WV, but I will always support those that support the things I care most for.

I have a question, Butch.
The rules say the kicker who gets the most votes by the close of the polls on December 4 will receive one vote. So, I assume the masses count as one vote only. How many other votes are there on the Lou Groza Board and who does that voting?

I have a question, Butch.
The rules say the kicker who gets the most votes by the close of the polls on December 4 will receive one vote. So, I assume the masses count as one vote only. How many other votes are there on the Lou Groza Board and who does that voting?

You are correct and I can't answer your question. I think the most important thing is the vote helps open the eyes of the committee to the popular kicker. All 3 are great kickers. If it was purely on percentage of makes he wouldn't be there. I think the look at the larger picture. How many game winners did they kick, total kick scoring, most kicks made, long distance kicks made as well as the percentage of makes. Josh was the leader in all of the categories except percentage.
Josh set a new NCAA record yesterday with 15 kicks over 40 yards for the season with 1 game to go. The old record stood for 20 years.
He has asked his Nanny and Papaw to be in Florida for the ceremonies the week of 12-7-2014. We are excited!

Back