Upcoming testing

Al Nyhus

"It'll never work!"
With a break from the 100 degree stuff coming, this one is ready for a test drive.

4IFkH38l.jpg

wmP5Pgbh.jpg

Ff5ddyCh.jpg

WPMNzCNh.jpg

What do you have there Al?
It's an RFD LVS action chambered in 6P....6PP...I can't hardly make myself say it... 6PPC.

I tried opening a box of Lapua 6BR the other day and it wouldn't cooperate. Tried all nine other boxes with the same result...the cuts in the labels just mysteriously resealed themselves every time. Evidently, the .473 BR case Gods are seriously pizzed at even this minor attempt at what they must consider insurrection.

Today, I went to to load some 30BR stuff for this weekends NBRSA Score tournament at Webster City only to find a voodoo doll that looks like Yevgeny Prigozhin in front of the door to the cave. And we all know what happened to him. I probably won't fly to Iowa this weekend.

It didn't have any pins in it so there may be a small window for redemption.
:eek:

Last edited:
That WAS a pretty stock . . . right up until that UGLY black crap began clinging to it!:eek:RG

Looking at it at the range this morning....you're right. Out came the heat gun and off came the adhesive backed carbon fiber. More better! :cool:
ABmdjwih.jpg

b9Hij23h.jpg

Body shaming is "....transmorgrifying" (Calvin and Hobbs) to stock shaming. :cry:

Last edited:
Out this morning to work with seating depth. The first two groups on the right are f-forming brass with a light jam/seat and a bit of Marvel Mystery Oil on the cases.

Winds were 8-10 from the 3 o'clock with an occasional lull. On the third groups from the right, it put four into a nice little hole. Since this was a good opportunity to see if the load went with the conditions, I waited for a couple of minutes until the tails went limp and fired the fifth one...which went out to the right as it should have. :)

On the last group (left side), I gave the scope two clicks up and shot five with the tails lifting about 30 degrees up. It acted just like it should have.

Next time out, I'll lean on it harder and see what happens north of where it's at now.

Good shootin' -Al

hRWsGufh.jpg

Back