Tuner Question

mrh1958

Can anyone ID this tuner, its very well made and has click adjustments, I am not sure who made it, any idea of its value ? thanks.

Zicb9MT.jpg

sxAqTnj.jpg

5AmAkTC.jpg

From the lack of manufacturer's ID and numbers on the adjustment ring, I think you have a home-built. Some time with your Dremel (or your favorite engraving tool) on the adjustment ring and give it a try. Before using I'd check that the set screw has a soft tip - and use a light to determine whether the inner tube has been scared up. Good luck.

From the lack of manufacturer's ID and numbers on the adjustment ring, I think you have a home-built. Some time with your Dremel (or your favorite engraving tool) on the adjustment ring and give it a try. Before using I'd check that the set screw has a soft tip - and use a light to determine whether the inner tube has been scared up. Good luck.

The tuner attaches on the other end with the split ring and clamping screws, the set screw appears to lock it when set or allows the tube to be removed as in short bloop tube.

I had Art Cocchia, owner of Time Precision build me a couple rifles and 8 barrels back in about '95...... I had one of his rare earth neodymium magnet tuners installed in one of the stocks, sized for LV diameter. We spent a lot of time discussing tuners as I'd been goofing with them since about '85 as had he. Well, when the friggin' macaw wasn't squalling we talked, comparing thoughts.

But he was 'WAYYYY ahead of me! While he was on the phone he described the drawers of tuning devices he'd built, at that time he had over 100 prototypes up to 4 POUNDS in weight.....

That tuner in the pic could easily be one of his.... but I don't know.

Back