tuner problem responses

reelxprs

Thank you for the replies.
To Pakrat- What does EC represent?
To Fred J- I measure from the barrel out on the inside of the tuner. I have the tuner in the lower picture.
To Doug W.- The formula I used was barrel length divided by 8, times 9, minus .1875 then minus barrel length to get inside tuner depth. What formula are
you using? I thought the formula would stay constant?
Thanks again
Jeff Fountain

Hi Jeff

The End Correction (EC) is what is removed from the acoustical length (What you get after dividing by 8 and multiplying by 9), to get the actual physical length.

The .186 you subtracted is the EC for the for the smaller inner tube of the Harrels.

If/when you use a weight ring to gain the extra length you have to use an EC that is figured for that opening. The EC is figured by multiplying the final opening diameter by .3). The opening in the weight ring is .94. .94 X.3 = .282

Drop me an e-mail at prx2500.outlook.com and I will send you a work sheet

Have a great day

Tony Purdy
The Purdy Prescription (PRX)

Jeff:
Unfortunately, that style tuner has caused some problems getting the proper tuner length. As is, you are limited to the EC of 1.87. You will need to add at least a .5" adapter to the tuner. Depending on the kind you use, the EC will need to be changed. Do you have any type of adapters that will fit that tuner? Are they threaded for additional weights or is it plain, no threads? Threaded, EC = .40" and UN-threaded, depending on the mfg'r EC= .279", This will allow you to turn the tuner back and cover the O-Ring. Then you have a new Tuner depth to consider. Will the end of the tuner extend 1/4" or more out past the inner opening? On some of my tuners, I had to have the inner tube removed, like the tuner in the upper photo. Otherwise, if you have the Bloop-Tube for the Harrell Tuner, you might try cutting it to the length require to get you to that 3.036". As you can see, there is a difference in my numbers and Tony's. That because, almost every tuner I have checked, is different in some way or another. The other factor, is how one measures and what instrument they use.

Last edited:
Fred
I have the tuner with the threaded center tube and threaded shell. I just ordered all 3 weight from KSS and I hope to have them by next Thursday because
I am off on Friday can go to the range and test.
Thanks
Jeff Fountain

Back