Tucker barrels

Found a barrel laying around . I think was made by Cecil Tucker or a friend of his.
It's a left-hand twist tucker it says. Anybody remember these.

Attachments

• IMG_3463.JPG
    IMG_3463.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 335
Simply a guess

I was in the Turbo Machine shop in Odessa back in the mid 80's. One of the salesmen was showing me a rifling tool and said that Flash was going to get into the barrel business.
Could be that it was made by Flash and Cecil gave him the specs.

I was in the Turbo Machine shop in Odessa back in the mid 80's. One of the salesmen was showing me a rifling tool and said that Flash was going to get into the barrel business.
Could be that it was made by Flash and Cecil gave him the specs.

I think it was flash now that I remember

I had a couple Turbo barrels, one shot great. The second not so much.

Turbo barrels hit the big time, (for a while), when Frank Wilson won the Crawfish with one back in the '90's.
I bought a 1-14 and a 1-15. The 1-14 shot pretty good, but the 1-15 would not stabilize a 68 grn Fowler FB. The bullets that actually hit the target we're going in sideways.

I checked the twist with a cleaning rod and tight patch, and it was closer to 1-16 than 1-15. Flash sent me another barrel, I gave it away as a Door Prize at a Match at Tomball.

Cecil Tucker and Flash were best friends, he used a lot of Turbo Barrels. The name Turbo was chosen to reflect Flashes main business, the repairing of large Diesel Turbo Chargers.

I think Flash sold his equipment to a well known shooter and continued to manufacture his Rim Fire Actions.

Back