Tony Boyer benchrest school

The last I talked to Tony about his school, he had almost given up on giving the classes. He said he was tired of people getting mad at him when he would tell them what they were doing wrong or that their equipment was crap.

Anyway, he was only giving the classes at his personal range and on a very limited basis. I don't have a contact number for him or what his class costs now.

Hovis

The last I talked to Tony about his school, he had almost given up on giving the classes. He said he was tired of people getting mad at him when he would tell them what they were doing wrong or that their equipment was crap.

Well if anyone would know what is crap and what is not, it would be Tony, and if you paid the big dollar and did not listen to his advice, sucks to be you!

can anyone explain this to me.
a seven year old post and a reply that has nothing to do with the question ??

I would love to take a course with Tony. I have been trying to get Bob White and Harley Baker to put on something more advanced than the Cherry Ridge clinic and sure willing to pay for it. I have done the Williamsport 1,000 yard Bench Rest School three times and that is now about $500.00 each. Andy at Williamsport does great 1 on 1 but for 1,000 yard at $750.00 a day.

Bob

Last edited:
I've had one on one with Tony in Alabama and in Texas.
The most amazing thing to me was at Mickey's range in Alabama. Conditions were very light and we shot at 200yds. Tony sat in front of the adjacent bench so he could evaluate my bag technique. He has a blank target and an old pencil. I shot a 5 shot group of about a .500. Tony never looked downrange, but had marked his target where each bullet hole formed. I said, "Tony, how did you know my first bullet was high without looking"? He said I put a little thumb pressure on the tang, but the second was high and to the right. He said thumb pressure on the tang and a little palm pressure. We went through all 5 rounds and he mapped all 5 rounds before we looked at my group. No, he didn't do it to size, just location.
He is an incredible person and BR shooter.

Tony knows stuff the rest of us will never know. If he told it ALL we wouldn't believe it anyhow...

Tony knows stuff the rest of us will never know. If he told it ALL we wouldn't believe it anyhow...

Was told Tony has a photographic memory.....sees the flags/wind, range, bench, mood, moon light, and remembers where that bullet will go.....oh, and what he had for breakfast.....
It's all in the mix. As they say....

was told tony has a photographic memory.....sees the flags/wind, range, bench, mood, moon light, and remembers where that bullet will go.....oh, and what he had for breakfast.....
It's all in the mix. As they say....
if you would have the get up ad go that tony has plus dedication in all the yrs i have been around no one has put as much time i9n what he loves to do.

I have known Tony B since he fired his 1st benchrest rifle and been to his range several times -as mentioned there is/was NEVER anyone more dedicated than Tony . Most people don't know B 4 his Shooting he was one of the TOP Soft Ball FAST pitch players in his area.

Tony's range is built literally out of the side of a mountain and when he was still working he was furloughed thru the Winter months and he practiced in ALL types of Weather conditions

As far as his Mentoring the last I heard thru a mutual friend is that he was not doing it anymore--

Jim

Back