Tikka M695/ whittail hunter lug question

E

ekaphoto

I have a M695 ie the one thy made before the T3. I want to get a new stock for it but the recoil lug is part of the stock. It is NOT the same as the T3. It look lile an L shape. Flat side with an insert and then 90 degree angle into the stock. Besides having one made I was wondering if I could pillar bed the stock with the bottom of the action attaching? That would be part #12 in the link

https://www.brownells.com/schematics/Beretta-/Tikka-595-695-sid908.aspx

Any ideas besides have a machine shop or gunsmith make one?

That 'L' shaped lug should pull out of the stock. I've seen where the lug is then epoxied to the action, and then bedded conventionally. It works quite well.

It is a synthetic stock and the lug is molded in. I would like to keep the stock in tact at least until I make sure the new one I get fits well but if I have to I will cut it out or find a new one.

It is a synthetic stock and the lug is molded in. I would like to keep the stock in tact at least until I make sure the new one I get fits well but if I have to I will cut it out or find a new one.

Nahh. That´s wrong.
The lug is not molded in from factory but the correct way (here in Scandinavia) is to bed the lug into the stock.
A Remington style recoil lug is also doable but requires work from a gun smith.

Br
Emil from Sweden

Nahh. That´s wrong.
The lug is not molded in from factory but the correct way (here in Scandinavia) is to bed the lug into the stock.
A Remington style recoil lug is also doable but requires work from a gun smith.

Br
Emil from Sweden

The wooden stocks have the recoil lug separate from the stock, the synthetic ones the lug is molded or glued into the stock. This is the older M695 NOT the T3 series.

You could probably get away without it, but I would make one. Even a small piece of flat stock with a hole drilled into it the size of the protrusion on the action bottom would be better than just bedding IMO.

Back