Threaded tuner for CZ 457

CYanchycki

Club Coordinator
Just curious.

I just picked up a 457 Varmint. Since I am not a machinist I am wondering if anyone has made or thought about making a tuner that could thread onto the threads on the barrel?

It is not a custom rifle but I thought it would be neat to try and see the effect it may have on it. These rifles are inherently pretty good shooters for a factory rifle.

Calvin

Check with Harrels, I’d bet you couls get one undrilled to cut and thread to your spec.

Thanks TTS22

Calvin, sounds like a Tuna can tuner might be what you are after.
Exactly what I want. Best part, just a couple provinces east of me.

I had heard about the TunaCan in passing but that was about it.

Calvin
Brandon,MB

After some discussions

I have a threaded adapter being made to accept one of the Beggs tuners I have. Thanks PB

Calvin

They do BUT

I think KSS sells a thread adaptor and a tuner that fits it already. Give them a call.
it is a 1/2 x 28.

The CZ 457 Varmint at least the one sold in Canada is 1/2x 20.

I cannot believe that CZ uses 2 different threads for the threaded muzzles......

Calvin

Given what you’re finding, I would think your solution might be the thread a large collar for the barrel and then use a traditional clamp on RF tuner.

Believe it!

it is a 1/2 x 28.

I cannot believe that CZ uses 2 different threads for the threaded muzzles......

Calvin

They can't get the dovetails for the rings/pic rails consistent either. Published as 3/8" or 11mm for a certain model, better measure first before ordering. Even one of the most popular accessory suppliers for CZ doesn't trust their own list. They do happily take returns though!

Scott

I have

An adapter being made to fit the 1/2x20 threads that I will be able to try a Beggs tuner on it. I have a few kicking around so why not see if they do anything.

Likely guys thinking WTF, it is just a CZ. Hey, does not hurt to see if it will do anything.

Last edited:
Back