The Rattlesnake! August 16 & 17

Motsko

Rattlesanke shoot art.jpg

Come join us on August 16 and 17 for the 2014 Rattlesnake

NRA Whittington Center Raton, NM

Match Fees: $125 includes steak dinner with all the fixin's on Saturday night.
Additional meals are available for non-shooting guests at cost ($25)

Saturday 9am start Light Varmint/Heavy Varmint 100 yards
Sunday 8am start Heavy Varmint/Light Varmint 200 yards

World Qualifier
Looking forward to the match.
If you have never been to Raton it is absolutely beautiful.

Amen to what Todd said

I've been coming to the Whittington Center since 1982 and it never ceases to stun me with it's beauty.

So you're saying that if anyone is selling "I beat Larry Baggett" t-shirts, they'll go broke?

JUST TRYING TO EXHAUST TODD'S SUPPLY OF BEAT BAGGETT MIRAGE SHIELDS. I noticed everyone was taking them off at the last shoot. Ha!

Come on down. We will be glad to have you. I'll wear any free shirt, except one with your picture on it.

come on down to the Rattlesnake. World Qualifier. Easy to get points. Not much competition. Great loading building and some of the best country in the west. They have had rain and will be green.

Looks like there will be a food truck at the range Thursday through Sunday, for lunch and I think breakfast too.
Please bring plenty of water and keep hydrated, its not going to be hot, but for the altitude.
Thanks Todd

Not much competion, yeah right

I know how tough the rattlesnake can be. I hope I shoot next to you Larry.
Richard Brensing

Is there a list of hotels?

Well, I made my reservations a couple of months ago at the Microtel. There's a Holiday Inn Express, Super 8, Best Western. Oasis. and a number of Mom&Pop motels. There's a motel in the North end of Raton that's run by a female retired army SMS. A lot of shooters stay there. However she opened a waiting list for the Rattlesnake weekend back in March. There are motels on the other side of Raton pass at Trinidad exit 11 in Colorado. There's a LaQuinta, Holiday Inn, Quality Inn and a couple others. It's about 20 miles from Raton. It's about a 30 minute drive from there to the range.

Check out the

Budget Host Motel. A lot of shooters will be there also, they still had rooms a week ago.
It's at the north end of town, real quiet in the evenings. Used to be called Melody Lane back in the day.

Richard

Already booked at Microtel.

Since I’m flying I can’t bring a loading table, so will there be table space available?

Will there be any vendors at the shoot? I might need to buy some bore solvent.

I saw somewhere that the only practice day was Friday. Will it be possible to practice on Thursday?

I have flags, powder and primers covered.

Steve

Hi Steve
Ed will be there selling all kinds of stuff.Should not be a problem finding solvent.
I can share with anyone that needs solvent patches etc....I will bring extra supplies.
You can shoot Thursday and Friday, sure people will be shooting on Wednesday.
Budget host 575 445 3655
The Pass 575 445 3641
There is plenty of tables to reload on, not an issue.
Todd

Back