The Michigan score Challege. The last shoot of the year. Pics

M.D.Spencer

It was cold. Windy!!!! Down right tough.
683616190_X8AVn-M.jpg

Mr.Dale Burtch

What's going on here??? Problems??? Jeff and Eric

683616644_sBY4R-M.jpg

683616486_yrpLw-M.jpg

Would you two fill in the blanks?? All I see is Jeff pointing at a Ten x and a hole :eek:

683616346_8QE8G-M.jpg

683616051_PjHUp-M.jpg

Last edited:
Well said Francis. BTW, that's not me, that's my dad........... I'm much younger. Can't wait for next year, going to shoot a .222!!

Jeff Aberegg

A great time was had by all!!!!

We sure learned a lot this year with doing this for the first time. Many thanks to everyone who stuck it out and put up with any mistakes we may have made. It was a "Challenge" in more ways than one. We will be doing it again next year, but with a few changes. Primarily, we want to find a way of attracting more factory, custom and beginner shooters. Some of the ranges have already given us dates for their availability for next year. It looks like those running things at the various ranges feel that this program was a benefit, and worthy of continuing.

The standings are in order listed below;

VFS

1. Larry Feusse
2. Paul Becignuel
3. Tom Majewski
4. Dan Groleau
5. Francis Becignuel
6. Eric Simmons
7. Bernie Horstmanshoff
8. Jim Dyke
9. Tammy DeVries
10. Matt Guthrie
11. Rich Quigley
12. Tim Groleau
13. Jeff Aberegg
14. Doug Groleau
15. Dave Howie
16. Fraqnk Pagel
17. Dominic Grunas
18. Chuck Green
19. Don Sisler
20. Fred Eggert
21. Sonny Marvin
22. George Felbaum
23. Rick Averill
24. Kevin Barnhard
25. Kivin Clinansmith
26. Bruce Nelson
27. Victor Halverson
28. Dawn Kibler
29. Dale Bertch
30. Colleen Sexton
31. Wallace Beauford
32. Ron Carafelly

Custom

1. Mark Spencer
2. Jeff Aberegg
3. Bob Eklund
4. Austin Lavigne
5. Larry Feusse
6. Cathy Bertch

Factory

1. Bob Jones
2. Kurt Krug

We think that there were very few custom and factory shooters because of the intimidation factor. Just a sidenote on that, I will not be shooting a 30 cal. or larger in any of the Michigan Score Challenge matches next year

Respectfully submitted,
Larry Feusse

I agree fully with what everyone else has said before. We had Great competition, Great friends, and Great venues on the "Michigan Tour de Points".

Thank you Tom and Larry for the vision of this series I hope it continues next year. Also thank you to the clubs for having it in the schedule. Hopefully next year we can have all the clubs registered with IBS or NBRSA for this event. This season Larry shot a 250-25x with about 19 wipe outs.

Paul

where are the clubs and dates for these matches, sounds as if i would like to try this, Rules?

Thanks ken b

Ken,

The Michigan Score Challenge competition is over for this year. Winter seems to have set in and hunting season has begun. Larry Feusse and Tom Majewski put together the groundwork for this series. They have both said it will be in the works again next year. Usually we start shooting in late April and are done by late September. The Mathces have yet to be scheduled for next year, but I have heard most of the 4 clubs that we held the series at this year are ready to do it again next year. The clubs were Iosco County Sportsmens in Oscoda, MI, Holton Gun and Bow in Holton, MI, Western Wayne in Plymouth, MI, and Harrison Sportsmans in Harrison, MI.

Get in contact with Larry and Tom I'm sure they can e-mail you more info and the rules as next years series gets nearer.

Paul

Back