Thank you Bill Smith!!

BRS1965

Bill Smith was our match director, chief range officer, fellow competitor, target coordinator, lunch and soft drinks provider, and anything else we needed for three days of great shooting. If you've never ran a shooting match you won't understand what details are involved and what Bill went through to make this tournament a great success! Things like ordering targets, award pins, award plaques, contacting caterers for two great lunches, coordinating dates with the local club, etc., etc! There were a few others who helped out, ie; Steve Lloyd scored every target and had very few challenges and Doug Weeter did the computer compiling, but the overall responsibility was on Bill Smith's shoulders!

Then there were a few "friends" who had to complain about the free coffee; why we couldn't draw for benches all at once; and a mirade of other insignificant details that Bill had already thought through and made decisions about.

Bill Smith my hat is off to you! Thank you for what you did to make this a great weekend for all of us!!

Bill Schertz

Welcome

Bill, Mike,
Thanks for the compliments, but it's still the people who make these shoots fun times. I don't think I would be able to handle a match that didn't have at least one little glitch, it would scare me to the point of thinking I had forgotten something. If it wasn't for the competitors, being a Match Director would be a lonely position to be in. Thumper

Thanks Bill for all your hard work, and dealing with all those little things you have to deal with that most shooters are not aware of. It is a tough job, and you handled it all very well. The very first time I ran a match I brought (free) donuts and coffee, and had 2 complaints that the donuts were not fresh enough. Hard to keep em all satisfied. Take care, my friend. Doug

Back