Testing Bart's new rebated BT 105 gr. 6mm bullet

James M.

Although I have shot some of these bullets before today, I decided to test them in my BAT 6mm Dasher with an 8 twist BRUX barrel. The temperature was hot and the wind was a quartering tail wind that was light (up to about 5mph). I screwed the barrel on and fired two sighters to get zeroed. I shot two, 3-shot groups that were left over from a 600 yard match last month. These featured another bullet and was loaded for my Bartlein barrel, so I just shot them to empty the brass. Today I loaded only 32.5 grains of Varget and tried three different seating depths. As you can see on the target, all three shot very well and I would be hard pressed to know which one is "best". One thing that I do know is that these new bullets from Bart will shoot. James Mock

Attachments

• Bart's 105 RBT.jpg
    Bart's 105 RBT.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 993
  • March , Ezell WF 001 - Copy.jpg
    March , Ezell WF 001 - Copy.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Ebb, I shoot a 600 yard match the third Saturday of each month (Mar-October) and I can assure you that this rifle will hold its own at 600 yards. I have only shot one match with Bart's new bullet and I won that match. This was with a load with which I had no experience. I just loaded up 32.0 grains of Varget and seated the new bullet to jump about .030" I have won several matches with this rifle shooting Varget and Berger Hybrids. This rifle is used for short range with a 6 PPC Bartlein barrel and a Hart .22ppc-short barrel and for score with a Hawk Hill .30 BR barrel. I use two Dasher barrels...one is a Bartlein gain twist (8.25-7.75) and the one that is on it now....a Brux 1 in 8 twist. Both barrels shoot well at 600 yards. Good shooting...James

The real test will come next Sat. at the monthly 600 yard match. I shot the 20 shots below w/ Bartlein GT barrel and 105 Berger Hybrids pushed w/ 32.0 gr. of Varget. Depending on conditions, if the new Bart's can equal or better this target, I will be more than pleased. Note the holes in the target were pasted and that accounts for the fuzzy image. James

Attachments

• 600 yd -5-2-15 001.jpg
    600 yd -5-2-15 001.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
We had our monthly 600 yard shoot today and 36 brave souls ventured out into the heat to try their luck. The new Bart's 105 gr. Rebated BT bullets helped me to win the trophy today. That makes them 2 for 2 in our little match. Today was no picnic as far as weather conditions. IT was HOT with a switching headwind that varied quite a bit in speed. The mirage was very thick and the scores reflected that. I won with a 189/3X of 200 possible. I think Bart has a winner in these new bullets. James Mock

Back