TACOMA RIFLE AND REVOLVER CLUB 2014 Washington State 3 gun results

varminthunter1

Club Coordinator
Match Report - August 30-Sept 1st, 2014 Washington State 3 gun Championship. Please see attached pdf.

Hi all.
What an awesome 3 day weekend of shooting! This is an incredible weekend for our sport. First TRRC is THE place to come shoot small groups, period! Teen aggs are the very possible here! We have a great crew that make things happen, We have a family BBQ over the 3 day matches that is amazing, potluck style. We have such a good time, it is worth attending for the social aspect alone! And finally, for the last 3 years we have been able to offer a door prize to everyone who has attended the first day of the WA State Championship. (please see the list of sponsors below)

Congratulations to Larry Boers on his fine shooting, and winning the 3 gun, Washington State Championship / Ed Frombach Memorial with a .2428" agg.

Of special note:
Jeff Lewis won the Sporter Grand Agg on Saturday with a .2015" agg
Larry Boers won the LV Grand Agg on Sunday with a .2314 agg
Mustafa Bilal won the HV Grand Agg on Monday with a .2335 agg.

Screamer Groups :
Allen Condiff shoots a 200 yd small group on Saturday that measured .198"
Larry Boers shoots a 100 yd small group on Saturday that measured .062"

After the match the point were tallied up to see who was awarded the "Shooter of the Year" trophy.
This is the best ranking of all the grand aggregates (100 and 200 yd combined) throughout the year. It was no surprise, this guy has been consistent all year long.
Congratulations to Steve Kostanich for being our 2014 "Shooter of the Year".

We had several shooters travel from AZ, ID, all parts of WA and OR to attend our match.
Thank you to Teresa Boers, and all who helped out with the potluck dinner and BBQ.
Special thanks to our crew for their outstanding service this entire year!
Range Officer - Jim Silverton
Target Crew Lead - Jon Wyant
Statistics - Ken Crouse
Official Scorer -Craig Kensler

Lastly
We gave away 23 prizes!!
Please be sure to support these businesses, as they have supported us!
Please remember to drop a personal note of thanks when you redeem your prizes!
These companies have been very gracious to support us, the least we can do is say Thank you!!
Donations this year were from:
Stiller Precision Firearms, Berger Bullets, Graham Wind Flags, Krieger Barrels, Steve Kostanich, Hart Barrels, Manners Stocks, L.E. Wilson, Shilen Rifles Inc., McMillan stocks, PMA Tool, Pacific Tool and Gauge, Nesika (Dakota Arms), and Leupold.

Hope you all had a good shoot, I`m looking forward to next year already.
Regards,
Jeff Lewis

Attachments

• TRRC_Winners sm.jpg
    TRRC_Winners sm.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 436
  • LarryBoers_sm.jpg
    LarryBoers_sm.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 360
  • Ed Frombach Memorial.pdf
    319.6 KB · Views: 334
  • LV Winners sm.jpg
    LV Winners sm.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 372
  • Sporter Winners sm.jpg
    Sporter Winners sm.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Congratulations to all, especially "Shooter of the Year" Steve Kostanich!
"Mr. K" was my high school machine shop teacher back in the '70's, I learned a lot from him, in fact I'm still working as a machinist....

Thanks to you Jeff. A big thanks to all that help in running the matches in Tacoma.

Steve deserves the shooter of the year trophy. He shot well all year. I would also like to thank Steve for all the help he has given to me on learning to run my lathe and mill. He has given countless hours of time giving me advise. He may have retired from being a school teacher but he still is teaching. With out him I couldn't have built the 2 guns that I used for the matches.

I would also like to thank all of the manufactures that gave prizes. I really would like to thank Wilson for the die set that I got and also to Stiller Precision Firearms for the action that I will be getting from them in the future. My problem is they have to many choices.

Larry

What a group

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who was at this match. It was my very first match and everyone and I mean everyone was extreemly helpful and almost bending over backwards to help me out.
I plan on seeing you all in the near future.
Matt Spradlin

Tacoma

Welcome aboard Matt.
Always great to have new faces taking it all in. You will not find a better group of human beings.
Looking forward to next year already!

A huge thank you to all the benchrest shooters in Tacoma.
Larry Boers and the gang took up a collection and gave me a new Bartlein barrel as a thank you for my service as match director for the last 3 years.
I am sincerely grateful for this gesture. The fact is, these are people I call my friends. We have some real fun shooting in Tacoma.
Thank you again, and I plan on whoopin sum butts next year with my new barrel. Lol :)

Back