Suppressor

D

Donald

I have a friend that hunts hogs with an AR-10. He is planning on using subsonic loads and is looking for someone qualified to fit a suppressor on the AR. He knows about the fee, etc, just trying to find someone that has the license to furnish and fit one. And help with the paperwork. This would be in the southern/central Oklahoma and north Texas area. Any help appreciated.
Donald

Donald,

I would contact your local ATF & ask them to point you to Class III FFL's for the surrounding area. This person can also point you to a smith who can thread the bbl. & any paperwork options either through a trust or sign off by leo.

good luck.

pf
<><

Suppressors for hunting...

are specifically outlawed by many, if not all, states. Your friend would be well-advised to look into the legallity of his proposed use for the suppressor before proceeding.
mhb - Mike

They are legal...

...In TX. Not sure about the state of OK which is stealing the #2 spot from UT:)

Just gotta pass the background check & it's yours.

pf
<><

Thanks guys. I also forgot that I have a friend that is an FBI agent, he should know something about it. Thanks
Donald

suppressor

Donald,Curtis Higgins lives in southern olkhoma I think ,he is a manufactuer of suppressors and more than likely can install it. rbell

the mr. money pawn in el campo texas sets up ar-10's for night time hog hunting with suppressors & carries subsonic308 ammo. jay would be the guy you would need to talk to, their number is 979-543-7296
probly the only pawnshop where you can pawn your guitar & buy a silencer at the same time

DirtyJim

On a humorous side-note...During the early 1970s I lived in Brownwood, Texas where there was a small privately owned Gun,Licquor, and Pawn Shop all-in-one..Owned by the Justice of the Peace..:eek:
One could buy or pawn a firearm and get some liquid courage to go with it..:D

Man those were the good ol' days..

Eddie in Texas

Back