Sniper King Match

I want to publicly thank the movers and shakers at the Tacoma Benchrest Range for putting on a great benchrest match and going beyond the call of duty in running a fun benchrest match. It’s hard to imagine shooting a benchrest match surrounded by homes costing 500 to 1000K. This range is smack dab in the middle. The grounds at the range remind me of a country club; with 100 ft tall pine trees and pine straw on the ground just like the Augusta National golf course. It’s easy to relax while shooting there. Specifically Teresa Boers worked tiresly for days in setting up the BBQ dinner. Where I was reloading I could see the Boers compound; I saw Teresa go non stop all day long for practice days and shoot days. Thanks again Teresa. BTW, Larry also helped when he wasn’t shooting. After a fun day shooting, relaxing to a super dinner of Pulled pork and Beef brisket along with mucho wine, sprits and Benchrest BS is the way to go. For those out west if you like to shoot your rail gun this is the match to go too. Where else can you shoot for 3 days and not have to hold off, you just fudge in order to get a good group.

Gary Ocock

Thank You!

Truman Wilson & myself couldn't agree more with Gary - this was one superb shoot! One couldn't expect better treatment & hospitality from close family. Well worth the 2,400 miles of windshield time!

A "Well Done" to all!!!

Larry White

Pictures ?

Does anyone have any pictures of the range / match. I've heard nothing but great things about this event and would like to see some pictures if anyone has some they would share. And after everything I have heard, this is an event I'm going to have to put on my bucket list, it's certainly one of if not the Premier Rail gun event. Plus you get to see Gary, Lou & others shooting the hottest rails in the country. Congratulations to everyone involved, sounds like a premier, must attend event, just wish it was a little closer.

Thank you.

Gary,

We really appreciate your comments. We know you have been an ambassador for this match and have brought others with you and have encouraged many more to come up here and shoot. I think I can speak for the NW shooters as a whole that we all enjoy the company and camaraderie that we get to share with our guests over a good meal after a good day of shooting (for some). It's a good thing Teresa likes to cook for a big crowd. Teresa and I thank you and all the others for your kind words and thank yous.

Does anyone have any pictures of the range / match. I've heard nothing but great things about this event and would like to see some pictures if anyone has some they would share. And after everything I have heard, this is an event I'm going to have to put on my bucket list, it's certainly one of if not the Premier Rail gun event. Plus you get to see Gary, Lou & others shooting the hottest rails in the country. Congratulations to everyone involved, sounds like a premier, must attend event, just wish it was a little closer.

I have a few from Sunday I took while working the targets.
When I get time today I will post them.

Trrc

The range in Tacoma has been redone about 4 years ago. The berms at 50 and 100 yards are significant. The whole range is protected by huge Fir trees speckled with Pine and Madrona.
We also have resident deer, coyotes, and rabbits galore in our park-like setting nestled in a very affluent neighborhood. See attached pics

Attachments

• SettingFlags_1020384LR.jpg
    SettingFlags_1020384LR.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 332
  • flags.jpg
    flags.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 327
Really appreciate it.

Thank you for posting the pictures, it's nice to see some of our fellow shooters enjoying our sport and competing. Looks like a great range, and I've heard so many good things about it from my buddy Dave B. I'm going to have to move it from my bucket list to my to do list. I'm sure it will be worth the travel time. From what I've been told it's a must attend match if your a bench rest shooter and even more if your attracted to Rail guns like I am. LOL! I appreciate you posting the pictures. Thank you.

Thank you for posting the pictures, it's nice to see some of our fellow shooters enjoying our sport and competing. Looks like a great range, and I've heard so many good things about it from my buddy Dave B. I'm going to have to move it from my bucket list to my to do list. I'm sure it will be worth the travel time. From what I've been told it's a must attend match if your a bench rest shooter and even more if your attracted to Rail guns like I am. LOL! I appreciate you posting the pictures. Thank you.

Anytime you want to come up your more then welcome

Thank you!

Sounds like a great range, match, club and group of people, I will surely have to make the trip, I really appreciate the Pictures and coverage, kinda helps keep the fire burning and gives the rest of us a measuring stick for what a great match this truly is. Thanks again for the invite and hospitality and keeping the tradition alive.

Back